Now! Thats I call A car crash 100+

like ceirwan says it was due to excessive speed and heavy rain, i mean how dumb can people be driving as fast in such bad weather conditions. still im just glad no one has died.

That's really scary. There were a few people driving too fast (and far too close) for the bad weather conditions, when I was driving to/from Surrey this past weekend. All it takes is for the one in front of a convoy of tail-gaters to lose control and you have a pile-up.

Never seen anything like that though :(

BG

Thing is, everyone jumps on the blame the speed bandwagon, but sometimes it isn't. This probably was, but how do you know it wasn't someone coming too slow onto the carraigeway from the sliproad, causing people to swerve, or someone too busy concentrating on their radio to not notice they've drifted across a lane.

Speed doesn't kill, people do.

Thing is, everyone jumps on the blame the speed bandwagon ...
Very true, unfortunately. It wasn't speed which caused the wreckage, it will have been someone making a mistake or losing control, or as you say, pulling out in front of someone, combined with people not leaving enough gap to allow for evasive action.

Let's hope the PIP here don't make a meal of it and use it as yet another excuse to further restrict speeds on our roads :mad:

BG

i was on the Autobahn a couple of days ago, of all the countries i have driven in, germany is the WORST!! they are all #######s, everyone bombs it down the outside lane and then brakes at the last minute, the number of times i was flashed and beeped because i wasn't going fast enough even tho i was overtaking things.

i would say if there is any place this would happen it would be germany, so many audis and beemers who act like they own the roads just riding people's asses, as in half a meter apart, maybe less

wow... just wow thats one hell of a crash....

looks like some1 been playing to much Burnout....

but really glad no one died, scary to no that sorta thing can happen...

bet it happened so fast that no1 knew what to do :(

Back