Veyron Crash !

Lol, I have just heard them talking about it on the radio:

"We have just been hearing about a £800,000 car that has been crashed...the French-built Bug-atti" lol

That was the first Veyron to be registered in the UK. It was sold by Romans International.

its funny how the bbc report gave little details regarding the situation of the pregnant woman but instead included all the vital stats of the car! LOL

The guy who was driving it has been reported to be in his 40's and owns a car rental company with his brothers. The guy who picked up the smashed veyron was the same truck driver that delivered the car a week earlier.

The insurance company arnt sure what to do, as in write it off nor not !

gutted

its funny how the bbc report gave little details regarding the situation of the pregnant woman but instead included all the vital stats of the car! LOL

thats some messed up crap! I cant believe they just let him go, if that was a young driver like me i would be locked up by now.

I should expect so, nearly killing someone reall isnt something i could have on my mind!

The BVOCuk (Buggati veyron owners club) has also reduced in size consierably!

That is the WORST news report iv ever read (I havent read many though)

For all we are informed with very little facts on the incident besides that fact that the buggatti driver got the blame.... there may be facts undisclosed.....both drivers may not have been paying attention but the story makes it look like the Bugatti driver was 100% at fault and the Astra driver was completely inoccent (astra driver may have just been on the phone while driving for all we know)....the BBC make it worse by mentionning the pregnant passenger and emphasising concern here.....for all we know the partners' of the bugatti crew could have been pregnant too (could have become fartherless)?

I dont mean to be dis-compassionate but the papers really know how to manipulate the readers' feelings (by adding spin)

Good that EVERYONE was OK.....no dis respect intendedd ....but the value of each life involved is equally important as the other (born or unborn...this is a morrals issue)

OK its in bad taste asking this, but does anyone know what the damage was to the Astra compared to the Bugatti?!

He was doing 100mph!!! Surely it was his fault, or mostly anyway.

Hi EMS,

"Poor woman"..I agree whole heartedly..completely traumatic!

but where did the 100mph figure come from though?

Also ALL,

as an asside.....according to BBC reporters (pah!, spit, curse) the car collided with trees (accompanied with the mangled car photo).....maybe the collision with the astra was a glancing blow (minor dint & paint job) that caused the bug to go off road and into a tree (write off due to speed ???? <enter the photograph>) but gives the impression that the dammage to the car shown was caused by the impact with the astra??)

I would INSIST on having my partner and unborn child thoroughly checked over by a hospital after even a minor rear shunt.....(wouldnt want to take any risks with a pregnancy at any cost)...but once the media get a hold of it....

S.P.I.N

call me an idiot but i'm not convinced....

maybe

the news and reporters do my nut!!!!

we are not such pliable morons that they think we are surely?

The 100mph figure probably came from the Sun newspaper, seeing as BBC had absolutly nothing useful about it at all

I wouldnt be surprised if there are compainers out there calling for stupidly powerful cars like that to be banned from britains roads.

Anyway, the front of the bugatti is wrecked so can only assume the driver was at fault.

well the way i see it, from what's been said, he's only had it for a week so was obviously not used to the power or how it handles, esp at high speed. Can't remember where i read that 100mph figure tho :s

I like seeing nice cars on our roads and wouldn't want them banned, but they should stick to the race tracks if they want to show off. I'd personally go to that race track in Germany if i had a super car!! :D

nurburgring ems

i read it in the sun and also the daily mail

i agree with ems, if you want to drive fast save it for the track or drag strip

i used to write for the sun, and i totally agree that 90% of what gets printed is complete biased arse based on the fact that human interest sells more papers.

no good saying "some silly preggers tart was on the phone to her other boyfrined while her husband was at work and crashed into a guy with an amazing expensive god damn beautiful car".

infact, judging by the guy that wrote it, i would say he would have thrown a small "i got the front page story" party if the woman had lost the baby. journalists dont give a damn about cars, babies or any of that crap as long as their paper sells

Back