Not Sure On This

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I am almost 100% certain those bumPers will need to have the mounts fibreglassed onto them.

I have no doubt about it. Hence the cheap price, because mounting these custom kits when they dont actually have any mounting points can be expensive.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
cheers pard.

so u mean i would have to get the "original bumber" clips fibre glassed on?

in otherwords, the bolts that hold the original bumber on will not fit this and therefore the kit will not fit straight on to the front of the k11??

sorry im so confusing lol

lee

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
I beliave that the mountingpoints will have to be fitted to the bumpers. But if you are a bit handy or know someone that is..mocking up a few mounts wont be a problem.

You would need a pieces of sheetmetal, welder, 2 bolts for the rear mounting points and a electric drill to drill the holes through the sheetmetal of the front mounts..

The hard part will be to locate the exact points on the bumpers where the mounts need to be fiberglased tight..

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
ohh, there goes another bodykit down the drain :-(

y cant i just find one that actually has the same "bolt holes" as the original bumbers!

i know the wald kit does (or i think it does) but shipping to the uk is high(or i think).

just thought if i got one 4 the uk, would be all gravey.

cheers.

napster

CMF_Koguchi Power

» CMF Member
Hmmm,

I was just wondering how someone can make a mould of a bodykit that has already been fitted to a car with no mounting points... as the product should be made off the mould that has been fitted to a car already. I am thinking that the front and rear will have the flat points where they bolt straight up to the guards and the middle will sit on that stock bracket, same as the rear and the side will be easy as... Are you keen on sending this kit to OZ?

I used to work in a Auto Styling shop and its not that hard to fit bodykits as long as they are the right shape. With this kit if it was avaliable in OZ id have a good crack at fitting it. Its a sad fact of kits but most kits are only held on with about 4 screws per piece

D

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
nice looking bodykit, but please note that it isnt nismo. i just bought a nismo body kit for mine. a nismo body kit consists of rear spoiler, front lip spoiler, rear bumper lip spoiler, front grill and side pods. totally different to that shown in the picture. all the nismo parts have a nismo sticker indented on them too.

cisco

» CMF Member
Agree - definately not genuine NISMO. Its just a generic bodykit.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
What a cool site!

5 pages of K11 stuff thats just great. See Impul have there own adjustable panhard rod ($257.13AU)

Cisco is that mechanical LSD (1.5) the one that Nismo deleated?

If its not it is for CG13DE, GA15DE and GA16DE to suit diff type :-RS5F31V.

Does that mean that it will fit my gearbox/parts that i brought of you?

cisco

» CMF Member
I have a feeling that site is pretty out of date, or maybe a catalogue that never gets used.. I think they put a link up to everything, and then if you actually want something, then they go and find out of they can still get one etc. heh.

Yeah that's the NISMO LSD that they don't make any more.

No, it only fits the RS5F31V model gearboxes (they already have the factory viscous LSD). You can't get an LSD to fit the RS5F31A model open-diff gearboxes. The actually diff housing is different (smaller).

cisco

» CMF Member
No worries.

But just on that, I found with your gearbox setup, the car never even spun in 2nd gear when it was making 123kw@wheels.

The viscous LSD only does a bit really when exiting corners I've mostly found. Its slightly better in the wet and stuff, but its nothing huge and dramatic. Maybe a NISMO LSD would be. But your setup is pretty beefy and rock solid.

A lot to do with camber of how your suspension is setup too.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
just a quick question?

u know the link that "Alex_B" put on about "japanparts" well how come the front bumber one on "ebay"(the fake one) looks exactly like it in every way?

is it just me, that cant see a diiference?
i know u said it wont have the "connecting bolts" though.
will the "impul nsmo kit" have the proper slots that the original bumbers fit in?

well i suppose no more should be said on the silly EBAY kit lol.
ill try and buy the "impul kit" then.

cheers

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
seeing as where on the role of DODGY KITS lol i thought i would bring to the attention of the "nippon tunning kit"

http://www.nippontuning.com/product_info.php/products_id/106

i know it doesnt even come close to the WALD KIT, but it would do 4me instead of import the kit from japan that would cost a BOMB.

my question therefore is does this kit come with the correct connecting points as the original bumber.

perhaps i should ask them and not u guys??

thanks

napster

Back