Not much micra stuff this weekend..

cisco

» CMF Member
Been pretty busy cleaning up the yard and house ready to move soon etc..

But I just went for a half hour spin.. Car running beautifully in this cold air. A few rattles to sort out, but nothing major at all. Really happy with it. Its a real fun pleasure to drive.

Bought some 5W Shell Helix Ultra for $58 and a RYCO filter to put in one evening this week. Am also going to re-grease the rear swaybar bushes, they are squeaking because I recently had the swaybar off and didn't put enough fresh grease on there.

Going to ring Nissan tomorrow for a price on the plastic gear shifter surround and probably order one price depending. Also going to order some Iridium spark plugs and adjust to 0.8mm as per family hack specs.

Been really thinking about getting a 2000 HK11 half cut. Installing all the front panels, grille, bonnet, bumper and oversized factory crystal headlights. Then respray the entire car in pearl white - and put the 2000 model rear bubble clusters on it. Would also remove the factory antenna and put in something more modern and refined like one built into the window or something cool like that. Get the front doors all re-trimmed and install some lush racing seats with B-Crews off-the-shelf rails. Then would have a spare newer CG13DE just sitting there as a backup. Anyway, I know its a lot of dreaming, but that sure would look AWESOME. Perhaps during my next trip to Japan I might run around and find a suitable half-cut and get it sent back home. But that won't be for another 2 years.

Many of the Japanese guys install the original k11 model dash because they prefer it a lot compared to the newer HK11 style dash. I've seen a couple like that, YUSU's car was like that.

Anyone know where to get some nice decent leads from? Like some fancy 8, 9, or 10mm flashy looking ones? Mine are probably due for replacing by about now too..

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Funny you say that Cisco,Was wondering why no one in Australia has tryed the later model front end with the big bug lights. You could also get the later model carbonfibre bonnet or perhaps a vented one. The Nissan pearl white is my favourite nissan colour next to the dark purple,Thats the colour (pearl white) that i had on my series 2 200sx.

If you are thinking about getting some bubble lights you should see if you can get a group order? I would love to get some to finish of the exterior of my micra.

Attachments

• 18314.jpg
    18314.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 36

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
"Magnecor KV85 Ignition Lead Sets
Magnecor KV85 - Nissan Micra K11
Part number MGN45210
Primarily designed for racing engines using racing ignitions, turbochargers and superchargers but also very popular for road applications. Entire jacket made from aerospace extreme heat-resistant silicone rubber. Exclusive Magnecor 2.5mm Metallic Inductance Suppressed Conductor will suppress EMI indefinitely, allowing this cable to be used on road vehicles with any ignition. Can be fitted into most original lead holders."

you should have a magnecor dealer in oz? these are 8.5mm competition spec leads for k11. about £60 here.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks Polar. Will check it out. They sound decent.

Yo Tony, that's the exact same colour that my series 2 200sx was also! Yeah absolutely loved that colour. A bug-eyed k11 in that colour would be the go.

Attachments

• 18319.jpg
    18319.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 38

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
Polar WROTE:

""Magnecor KV85 Ignition Lead Sets

Magnecor KV85 - Nissan Micra K11

Part number MGN45210

Primarily designed for racing engines using racing ignitions, turbochargers and superchargers but also very popular for road applications. Entire jacket made from aerospace extreme heat-resistant silicone rubber. Exclusive Magnecor 2.5mm Metallic Inductance Suppressed Conductor will suppress EMI indefinitely, allowing this cable to be used on road vehicles with any ignition. Can be fitted into most original lead holders."

you should have a magnecor dealer in oz? these are 8.5mm competition spec leads for k11. about £60 here.
Those are the ones I have on my K11, very nice :) Bought them for £20 second hand :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Cheers James..

You know anywhere that these can be bought online from?

Back