not a susage ! help ! 1999 k11

* sausage

2 months ago my micra wasn't starting ... completely randomly with no apparent reason i got round this by taking a direct line from the battery to the solanoid ((see blue cirle)) and touching int there as i turnn the key this worked fine....

randomly the car fixed its self so i fort no more of it howevr this has came back to haunt me as now i have the same problem accept my d.I.Y fix does not work ..

the symptons :

turn the key on a cold start 10% chance it'll start

if it doesn't the car makes no sound at all ... (no clicking from the starter motor etc.)

warm start no chance it'll start

if i link the solanoid ( see red cirle) there there are sparks , as there should be

what i'v checked:

fuses
new and different batteries
jumping starting ( no success ) where ever i conect leads

I can't see any unpluged leads etc , all over features of the car work fine ( lights etc)

The car is a 1999 1.0 petrol mianual

the image ......((btw this isnt mine its just a pic frm ebay))

startersolanoid.jpg

if you have a tiny idea what wrong please say, any advise is good

Starter fubard it was seized and by direct lining it to the battery you probably un siezed it, now it's gone back to going stiff and probably given up the ghost
I've got one for a cg10 here if that any use I'll have to check it works first

I've got one for a cg10 here if that any use I'll have to check it works first

Thinking about it your right, it must be its sticking when engaging/ dis engaging.
If tht'll work i'll take it, how much do you want for it ? just double checking you think it should fit on my 1999 1.0 micra ?

cheers

Thinking about it your right, it must be its sticking when engaging/ dis engaging.
If tht'll work i'll take it, how much do you want for it ? just double checking you think it should fit on my 1999 1.0 micra ?

cheers

I'd imagine they're all the same where are you?

yer thts looks big, i didnt really know about tht place , one problem is thats its about 50mins away from me so if i was going to go id need to take a shopping list haha

yer i saw it on ebay for a £10 auction starting price and free postage, so i just gave him a call, he wanted £20 i offered £15 deal done :grinning:

Back