Micra 1999 Immobiliser Query

CMF_DT

» CMF Member
Hello
Thanks for any advice in advance and love this very useful resource for Micra enthusiasts and Owners
The car is a Uk Nissan Micra 1.0 litre 1999 on an S reg used as a reliable runabout.
I got in the car last Friday and tried to start the car and the it started for 2 seconds then stopped with the check engine light flashing on the dash which after digging round the internet and this site (thanks) discovered it was a NATS problem. After repeated retries I gave up and tried the other key with the same problem.
I called my Auto-Electrician guy who took a look and promptly discovered the immobiliser had lost its codes for the keys. He reprogrammed it with the key codes and we were back in business.
The electrician also checked all fuses and relays and said they were all good and couldn’t see a problem with rusty fuses that sometimes causes problems with the NATS according to him/this site
He was unsure as to why the immobiliser lost the key codes and I’m a bit wary now and question if it could happen again.
Fortunately this time it was on the driveway but what about if it happens again!
Can anyone explain why this would have happened ?
The only thing that has been done recently is the battery was changed in March but this is 3 monthes ago surely that cant have affected it ???

Hope someone can shed light on this or has come across something like this before?

Damian

CMF_mo386

» CMF Member
hello- I have a 1996 micra - it does between now an again have the same problem-I did not fint out how to fix it yet-and it is very strong possibility that the immoblizer pick up ring if something wrong with it will act like this-but I found out if you turn off the engine and pull out the key and put it another way arround it will work--from my experiance I could say something with the immoblizer between some capaciter or bad connection-I did not get the key code re programmed-I'm waitting to get the diagnostic cable to find out

did you tried to disconnect the power from the car for 5 minites and see then will it fire back
how much they will chare to re programme the key code-Nissan here they looking for 75€-and the whole car I bought is for 80€

Attachments

• 55705.jpg
    55705.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 39
Back