non starter

2pac

Buy & Sell Member
hi guys, i have a 1991 micra LS and love it to bits, i also have a subaru impreza and i love my micra just as much as the scoob. problem is the micra has died. It came on gradually, it would have trouble idling then would start stalling everytime id pull up at junction or roundabout etc, and now it wont start at all.

I sprayed a bit of carb cleaner into the carb before it had died which help a little bit but do any of you have experience with same problem or know what it could be? my mechanic says it could be the carburetor but cant be sure.

any ideas?

many thanks

dave

i had similar problems when my carb was blocked i took it apart and it was full of dirt, cleaned it out and blew the jets out and its fine now. could be that if that helps

howdy simon, you get about a bit dont ya mate haha, i did message you before but apparently you replied to ratty instead hehe.

how would i clean the carb out? i took the top off before and i put some spray down which helped a bit but what else can i do?

cheers guys.

dave

Sounds like a carb prob...i would change the carb if i was you and see if that cures the problem...

You can pick up the carbs quite cheap...any scrap yards near you?

If not the post back :)

Back