K11 non starter - 1999 1.3GX UK

CMF_Jim9575

» CMF Member
Hi Folks

I have now ended up with a non starting micra, with error codes 141, 142 & 144, yes thats the codes so not the usual 2 digit ones.

Turns and has a good healthy spark at all cylinders, but does not fire, fuel ok to the rail, injector plugs reading 12v but no pulse.

I have fitted a new throttle body ( brand new, not renovated), but it ran ok then died after about 20 miles, with the same symptoms prior to the throttle body change. RAC arrived to look at it and he found no pulsing from the injector blocks.

The engine management light flashes all the time, even after a reset, light stops flashing, ignition off then back o and starts flashing straight away before even activating the starter motor.

I will refit old throttle body to start a process of fault finding from there, but any help appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

CMF_Jim9575

» CMF Member
Update..

Changed the throttle body over to the old one, same result, both run with fuel poured in, engine fires and runs.

Checked all fuses and all are ok.

Engine codes remain the same, ECU s working as identifies self created errors with correct codes.

I think it is now down to the distributor, as there is nothing else that would affect the injectors in not supplying fuel.

CMF_Jim9575

» CMF Member
It was the ECU that caused the non-starting part. It turns out the error codes, although not listed are NATS related and activates the immobiliser, so only cure is to replace it with a non-NATS ECU, re-coded by Fusion motorsports (my solution) or replace with another NATS one and get NISSAN to recode. The misfire was caused by the distributor and was replaced along with the HT Leads. Fusion are great to deal with and very reasonable for the ECU programming, although you have to supply the non NATS ECU, pre 1998.

Back