Starter motor issue?

Hiya, so essentially I think there's a problem with the starter motor. I turn my car on and it does work it starts, however theres a noise that comes after it which my mechanic friends have pointed out to be a starter motor issue, and that it's sticking. Ive read alot into it but I can't find a solution to it and I really don't want to take it to a garage because they're so expensive. Does anyone know how to fix this or could they point me in the right direction?

I serviced mine last year, and my suzuki is now same, problem with winter it find all the weaknesses in the car, If problem goes away once engine is warmed through, best to get a replacement as delaying can destroy the toothed fly wheel if it is the dog wheel or solenoid that is sticking as the drive pinnion is not been thrown clear once the engine has started, so proceed with a replacement as soon as possible.😐

Hiya, so essentially I think there's a problem with the starter motor. I turn my car on and it does work it starts, however theres a noise that comes after it which my mechanic friends have pointed out to be a starter motor issue, and that it's sticking. Ive read alot into it but I can't find a solution to it and I really don't want to take it to a garage because they're so expensive. Does anyone know how to fix this or could they point me in the right direction?
helllo kayla, did you ever get down to what the problem was on this. thank you

STICKING clutch on end starter were it goes into ring gear. SWAP started for used 1 / new one . easiest fix
Thanks for this, I've read about it also
STICKING clutch on end starter were it goes into ring gear. SWAP started for used 1 / new one . easiest fix
Thanks for getting back to me. That was my first initial thought, been reading also about the ignition switch, albeit my vehicle is a K13, here what mine is doing : https://micra.org.uk/threads/startup-noise.83716/. Still think the same?

Back