non starter

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
hi all, my n reg super s is refusing to start, ive had a quick look, there is a spark and fuel is pumping through filter at ignition, but injectors are not injecting when rail removed from inlet manifold (all plumbing and wires attached). car has had new battery and turns over freely but will not fire up. i have a spare rail and injectors but i dont want to change them if its likely to be something else. is this common / has anyone experienced this problem before?

p.s. does anyone have a haynes manual for sale?

Thanks in advance, Tom

sounds like maybe a fuse?...check the fusible link box (in front of battery) theres 2 fuses theres one for injectors and one for injection system (they are marked 10A INJ and FL25A Engine Cont)

Pretty sure i checked all the fuses, but ill double check them tomorrow. It doesnt seem like a fuse problem, seems more like a progressive fault, as before, car would crank for a while then eventually start after a few minutes. But now she doesnt want to know!! cheers, Tom

based on that description, sounds alot like the problem i had with mine...unfortunatly i never narrowed down what was up with it before i took it off the road.

Pants!! thats all i can say! ill spend a couple of hours on it tomorrow and see how i get on. Thanks for your help mate, Tom

just a thought

im not all that on engines

check the fuel filter to make sure its not full of crap and that the injectors arent blocked.

jackassuk

engine has been put down the list of priorities, but now starts randomly (or rather, will not start randomly) there seems to be no link between engine hot or cold, or battery charge level, as in it can be running for 15 minutes, swithch of and on and will not start no matter how much i crank, but might start 10 minutes later, and other times it will start in half a second! sorry if thats a bit confusing, cant think of how else to discribe it. any help would be very much appreciated, Tom

Back