non starter.

A

aeinstein

hi all, hope you can help.

my 1 litre k11 is not starting. (as per topic title!) i tried what i can to rule out things before coming on here and asking.

there is a spark, there is fuel in the rail, but the injectors appear not to be triggering. a friend of mine has tried something involving a paperclip and the diagnostic port under the steering column, (following advice from here?) and now the check engine light is flashing all the time. he also suggested briefly removing the fuel pump fuse to stop it flooding, but this had no effect either.

i can only assume that it is the ecu that is knackered, but was wondering if there is something obvious to the experts that i'm not trying? which is where you guys come in!

thanks in advance

al

also, why is the damn screw holding the rotor arm on so bloody tight?!

sounds very familier maybe the n.a.t.s system has kicked in.............has your key got the little red bit at top of metal key part if so its nats system car.. there is a way to bypass the nats system if you use a pre nats ecu, BUT you need to do a little bit of re wiring and you wont find the answer here to that question i know i tried but there is someone you can pay to come and do the work for you, if you dont live to far away again they wont just tell you how or what wires to cut and splice................simplest and most cost effective way is to tow your car to the nearest nissan dealer and have them reprogramme the keys and that will be that. cost around the 75 quid mark.........dont do what i did and pay 35 quid for a ecu from an earlier car after being told its just a case of pluging it in and starting your car it wont work that way and yes it was 35 quid thrown away.

bummer. i was hoping it would be a free fix. this is to stop me towing it to the scrap yard! the light wasn't flashing before, is it something to do with the paperclip on the diagnostic port?

is there no other way to bypass that?

if i get another ecu from a breaker, with a key, would that work?

should the spare key not start it?

sorry for all the questions, its just i'd rather use a free resource like this and fix it myself, if possible.

cheers

al

when it happened to me I got the ecu and key from a scrap yard ........you can remove the red chip from key and swap them over if your very carefull it might work it did for me but my pickup ring around the barrell was knackered and caused even more problems...

update and further requests!

can anyone tell me what the code is that my micra gave me?

i followed the instructions in the haynes book of lies to read a fault code, and i got 14 long flashes, followed by 3 shorter ones.

any clues? i refuse to be beaten by this! (with your willing help of course) ;)

Back