non starter

M

mick52

have a1995 1.0 micra afew weeks ago it started to cut out when i stopped & was hard to start for a few minutes. did plugs filter leads & was ok for about 3weeks then it started to run rough and cut out again when i stopped got home on the drive car ran rough and stopped now it will not start again turns over but does not fire it seems like a fuel problem to me plugs are sparking engine turns over but not even trying to fire any ideas thanks mick

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Try doing a search for a cold start issue - My 1994 model had the same problem and my father (at the time the owner) had to fit a cold start mod supplied by nissan. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

It's also a possibility that the distributor has given up.
You say you think it's a fueling problem, get the plugs out after cranking it to see if they're wet with petrol, if not then suspect the fuel pump.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Very unlikley to be a fuel pump, I dont think anyone here has ever had a fuel pump failure. Check fuel filter, check for dampness in the distributor. Get a can of easy start spary it down in to the carb when trying to start. If it fires over then you can assume ignition is ok fuel is not. If it does nothing then its the ignition.

Ed

OP
OP
M

mick52

thanks for all the help car is now going replaced the fuse and the fuse holder for the injectio system the one behind the headlight and toucgwood its ok its done this before it runs fpr about 2 weeks and then chucks it hope this time its cured would a fault with the distributor be intermittent
thanks mick