Non-Micra Owner Needing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iain

Evening people,

I don't actually own a Micra, I own a 2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S in Imperial Blue, but my girlfriend has recently got a good deal on a 1996 entry level Micra.

It needs a few things here and there that need replacing but, being a Ford man, I don't have a clue about models or editions that the MIcra came in to source the parts I need. Can you help?

As I say, it's a 1996 Micra, and from your site I think it's a K11. It's white, 1.0 16v with black bumpers and steel wheels. The easiest way is to get a picture up and as soon as I find one I'll post it. The User Manual does mention something about a "Shape" but I'm not sure if that was the edition or what.

I am part of the Zetec-S Owners Club (ZSOC.com) and we're a fantastic community, I'm hoping that the love spreads across the internet for all cars.

Thanks in advance!
Iain

if its k11, 96 its pre facelift so any pre facelift parts will fit, Shape is just the spec.

As long as you get parts for 86 u shud b cush

I got a Focus 1.8 16V zetec, might give your little forums a visit. Most parts from the micra are the same anyway

Thanks for that mate.

It needs a rear parcel shelf, but I want to make sure it matches the cars interior. I've been looking on the internet and have found that there are two Micra "Shape" models and they look very similar; a couple of differences I noticed were the size sidestrips between the two models and one had a colour coded grill and once doesn't. Both have different interiors.

My girlfriends has thin bumpstrips and uncolour-coded grill.

i think the parcel shelf will be fine out of a different model as i think they are all grey, not sure on that.

only thing is to make sure its the right one regarding third brake lights as if its got one the shelf will have a section cut out.

Thanks for your help. I need to check the third brake light, though I'm sure it does. You know when something just plays on your mind like that but you still doubt yourself.

I managed to locate a few on partsgateway.com but they're looking for £50 Used, and delivered. My local scrapyard are wanting £20 +vat, so I have one more place to check and obviously anyone on here.

Wing mirror next...lol.

I have a spare parcel shelf from a k11 shape that has a slot for the high level break light. only looking for £5 for it. However it has holes cut for 6*9's and is reinforced

Thanks for the off mate, good price. Unfortunately my girlfriend wouldn't appreciate 6 x 9's in her wee motor. Thanks all the same. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back