Newby here needing help :-(

Hey guys

Right girlfriend is having some trouble with her 1.0 litre k12 2003.

Apparently last owner has fitted a new timing chain along with rods etc....because the owner before that had put wrong timing chain kit on or something and knacked the engine...

Anyways we have had a annoying issue since we took own of it. Basically every now and again when we start the car it will go into limp mode and not go past 20mph. When I read the codes it comes up with camshaft position sensor and also throttle body sensor or something.
I'll clear the codes and they will return in about a week for maybe a few days.

Apparently it's had new camshaft sensor or something. It's annoying garage is struggling to find the issue aswell.

Any ideas will be much appreciated guys

Thanks a lot

Jonny

It might be cam or crank sensor fault. It could be wiring. It wont be the chain or timing as it runs fine when no dtcs. I have had loose terminals in the throttle body housing causing intermittant faults like that. Worth disconnecting it and having a look.

Thanks for the reply !!...She was worried that it may be actually the chain that was broke...but i said its more than likely a sensor fault, so maybe disconnect the throttle body housing and take a look further yeah ? maybe check and clean sensors and plugs also ?

Regards

Jonny

Defo clean cam and crank sensors. The throttle body connector is the left connector on the black airbox on top. Also when the fault occures does it stall when slowing down at lights or traffic lights?

Defo clean cam and crank sensors. The throttle body connector is the left connector on the black airbox on top. Also when the fault occures does it stall when slowing down at lights or traffic lights?

Hi wel after replacing sensors including camshaft sensor and crank sensor etc even the timing solenoid still same the error codes we are getting are throttle body something and thermostat so maybe it's linked with throttle body ? :-/ annoying me now

Back