NON-HICAS boss kit - Why?

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Looking for a boss kit and the articles section says I need a NON-HICAS version. Can someone please explain what this means and why I need it NON-HICAS? Only asking cos I found one on eBay but it says it's the HICAS version..

Thanks in advance.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
More to the point however... the only information between the two different types that I've been able to find (besides the obvious of one being for HICAS and one not) is that the setup to self-cancel the indicators is different.

To be honest I'd be willing to bet money that there's more to it than the self-cancelling pins but seriously it's not hard to find Non-HICAS Boss kits to fit the K11. My Boss kit fits R31/S13/S14 and probably a crapload others, because Nissan kept the spline the same for a lot of their cars. The cancelling pins are also the same between those models in that they still work on the Micra. The place I got mine from doesn't appear to stock the one I got anymore it seems, but you shouldn't have trouble finding one without having to resort to eBay.

---dens

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
If u have a micra u can use both HICAS and NON-HICAS boss kit as long as it fit the spline. Micra dont have hicas at all. The difference between the two that i know of is the hicas have a grove sensor on the bottom which tell the hicas ecu there the front wheel are in relation to speed and reer wheel location. Micra dont have hicas ecu.

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
I was trying to save some time and just get one off eBay - but maybe doing the yards by contacting a couple of people may be my best bet. deNs when you say yours isn't being stocked anymore is my point exactly. I wanted to find one quick on eBay and be done with it, as opposed to calling round and getting it shipped from who knows where. Problem is that the eBay descriptions aren't that great. This one looks promising but no mention of HICAS or NON-HICAS.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Hub-Adap...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5887c65b0c

I'll message the seller and hopefully they will know.
Cheers

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
e79 WROTE:

"deNs when you say yours isn't being stocked anymore is my point exactly.

I didn't say why it wasn't stocked anymore or what store I was referring to - I don't understand what your point is with that.

Either way I'd say either of those would suit the K11 fine as long as it suits your steering wheel. It shouldn't be a problem as both seem to have the two common sets of bolt patterns.

---dens

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"e79 WROTE:

"deNs when you say yours isn't being stocked anymore is my point exactly."</div>

I didn't say why it wasn't stocked anymore or what store I was referring to - I don't understand what your point is with that.

---dens

My meaning was just that not everyone would know of, or stock a boss kit for a Micra these days i would think, and took your stockist not having one anymore as a case in point. Hence just getting one off eBay if I could.

Thanks for the feedback though dens, I ended up buying the HKB one last night.

Cheers

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Thanks mate, will do!
This will be the wheel - bought at the same time:

Attachments

• 59908.jpg
    59908.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 27

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
The boss kit was prrfect, the steering wheel not so - the central black metal part of the wheel was weak as. Once on the car, I could clench the top of the steering wheel and push and pull on it. The rim would give a couple of cm each way. It's in the bin now, and stockie back on till I find a proper wheel.

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Yeah I gotta get down there. Mabe after I get the new rims on - just need a bit more dosh for tyres. Also if anyone has a steering wheel for sale I may be interested. I wouldn't want anything too elaborate, prob black with or without silver highlights are all I would be looking for.

Back