No washers :-s

My wifes little micra has got its first ever fault in 5 trouble free years but its an annoying one. both front and rar washers have stopped(and yes there is water in it!) the wipers go when you try to wash but no noise from the pump. I am guessing there is a pump for the front and one for the rear so cant see both of them going duff but yet i cant find a fuse in the fuse box plus i tested every fuse to play safe and all was ok? any ideas

My wifes little micra has got its first ever fault in 5 trouble free years but its an annoying one. both front and rar washers have stopped(and yes there is water in it!) the wipers go when you try to wash but no noise from the pump. I am guessing there is a pump for the front and one for the rear so cant see both of them going duff but yet i cant find a fuse in the fuse box plus i tested every fuse to play safe and all was ok? any ideas

What age is the Micra? Newer K11's have one pump for both front and rear. Older ones have two pumps.

Get one from a breakers yard if you can. I do have spare individual ones if you need one but I think you might have a combined pump!

Cant find a fuse for the washers, checked all the ones in the fuse box in the car and the one by the battery but still no water

where the water pipe leads up to the jets on the bonnet, pull it off, point it away and skoosh them, if theres still no water, it must be the pump/s

How do you know it's not frozen?

Mine wouldn't work for ages, even when the engine was toasty and warm during that cold spell.

Tried that and nothing, just seems odd both pumps going on the same day. will have to have a look at weekend. are they in the wing?

ekimhol, i think the washers and wipers share a fuse, maybe frost damage or burnt out while frozen ? (the pumps are behind the o/s of the front bumper btw) :)

Tried that and nothing, just seems odd both pumps going on the same day. will have to have a look at weekend. are they in the wing?

Pretty sure that p reg had the combined pump as NeX's had and he used the blank to fit a pump for a front washer jet.

had same problem too, was the fuse, had a hairline crack that was not visible to the eye... could be a fudged pump though I guess if your really unlucky

Back