No tail lights, dash light or heating fan. Blown fuse?

Hello!

Yesterday I noticed I had no dash light in my Micra k11 -93 and thought it would be fixed by replacing a blown fuse. Today I found that the tail lights, cigarette lighter, heating fan and fog lights are also gone and I have double and triple checked all the fuses but none of them seems blown. I would really spend some more time trying to solve this if it wasn't absolute zero out there. Does this sound like a blown fuse to you or could it be something else? I am really looking for a detailed solution here.. I'd rather not go out there trying to look for clues if I want to keep all my fingers and toes.

hm, i should probably test them all. I really hope it's just a broken/burnt fuse.
Can be a reply near the battery which mines went and my car didn't start after knowing it was a loose wire near the battery take the covers off and check with volt meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got any idea why my interior light sensor and central locking ain't working?

It did have a fob but I've lost it. My WIP has An SR loom and central locking, and that works a treat.

[quo te="Shamalam, post: 658667, member: 15840"]Anyone got any idea why my interior light sensor and central locking ain't working?

It did have a fob but I've lost it. My WIP has An SR loom and central locking, and that works a treat.[/quote]am sure they have a chip in the key so it can be that

it can be chip in lost fob? Other way is unlock the Ecu and should have no chip access meaning it might be blocking the key to have anything working

It seems the cause is a burnt cable. Someone had put insufficient insulation on a cable joint close to the clutch pedal. Hours of resting my foot on that cable worn down the insulation tape to a point where it finally connected to ground and burned. I am still not a 100 percent sure that is the cause to the problem but I am pretty confident since I tested all fuses and they were ok. Why couldn't it just be a fuse? I'm not in the mood for this..

Anyone got any idea why my interior light sensor and central locking ain't working?

It did have a fob but I've lost it. My WIP has An SR loom and central locking, and that works a treat.
Pretty sure the 2 issues aren't linked. Pop the trim off the B-Pilar and check the wires on the back of the little push switch. Mine were fubar'd

Central locking I dunno :/

Everybody loves wiring :p keep us updated :)
Oh you shold see the car now with the dashboard all ripped out. Looks time consuming.. Turned out there was not just one burnt cable but maybe five or so, running in different directions. Not sure I have found them all yet.

Thanks, but no luck today.. Replaced the burnt cables but it didn't fix the problem :(. At least I have a garage to work in now.

What about the relays next to the fuses at the drivers seat? Don't know what they're for because I have no wiring diagram. Does anyone know?

One more thing, I thought I'd check the ECU for fault codes but I couldn't get the red light to blink, it is always on. What is the default state of that led?

Last edited:
Thanks, but no luck today.. Replaced the burnt cables but it didn't fix the problem :(. At least I have a garage to work in now.

What about the relays next to the fuses at the drivers seat? Don't know what they're for because I have no wiring diagram. Does anyone know?

One more thing, I thought I'd check the ECU for fault codes but I couldn't get the red light to blink, it is always on. What is the default state of that led?
The replys on near the battery and some near the altarnator on the left side

sounds like someone has wired a stereo in without an earth and burnt out the loom per, and its the led on the side of the ecu that blinks (or the dash light on later models ) :)

Thought I'd wrap this up as I managed to repair it. I replaced the burnt cables but the problem remained. I started to look at the wiring in detail, measuring voltage between some points and ground, and noticed I had a voltage drop on one of the cables. It was thicker, maybe 3-4 square mm, so it was probably shorted as well, but too thick to be damaged by it. However, the small pin plug in the grey plug box, close to the pedals, that connects the cables between the engine room and cabin (is there a better name for it?) had been damaged. I fixed it and the tail lights lit up immediately. Now everything is back to normal except for the dash light where all four backlight light bulbs had been burned. I should probably mention that there was no fuse in this circuit. Some genious had messed with the wiring and bypassed the fuse box.

So, thank you for the support. I put in a fuse to prevent it from happening again. Even got a couple of screws over when I reattached the dash board, win! ;)

Back