HELP !! Keep Popping Dash / Tail light Fuses

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
so last night i popped my tail light / dash light fuse ... put another one in and it popped again went throw about 5 then all of a sudden it worked .... and was fine was on my way home before dash lights all working fine then they went out and just keeps popping fuses

any idea what it could b ??? wiring is not a strong point of mine

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
And if that checks out ok, remove your stop/tail globes and visually check the filaments. Give the globe a light flick with your finger and make sure the filaments are intact.
In some cases when the filament blows it can fall onto the other filament and cause excessive current draw or even a short circuit depending on filament condition.
Source: Auto elec.

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
azman89 WROTE:

"And if that checks out ok, remove your stop/tail globes and visually check the filaments. Give the globe a light flick with your finger and make sure the filaments are intact.

In some cases when the filament blows it can fall onto the other filament and cause excessive current draw or even a short circuit depending on filament condition.

Source: Auto elec.

i replaced all the tail lights when it did it the first time .... i checked the illumination wire today and seemed fine but i put some elec tape on it any way and the lights worked fine tonight .... ill keep aeye on it over the next few day .... but what else could it be ?

Back