No interrior electrics, no light, no indicators

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
Hello,
I have a little question.
I am not very much in the electronic stuff, so I have no Idea whats wrong.
My problem is, I have no light anymore, no wiper (washer works), no light, no indicators, no instrument lights.
But the engine runs!
All fuses are ok, I checked them.
Any idea?

Did you only check the fuses inside the cabin? There is also fuses in the engine bay and i tihnk one of them is for all main electrics...

Were are the fuses? I have a prefacelift and checked the whole harness in the engine bay, but I don't think there are fuses...

There should just be a cover located next the steering wheel that you pull off and it will reveal all the fuses there.

yeah I know, that are the normal fuses. They are all ok. You said something about fuses in the engine bay

this exact thing happend to me on the k11
it was a failed ignition switch not contacting the correct wiring=so only a few elecs where getting power
cant say on k10 but worth a check

what do you mean by ignition switch? Probably I know it, but not the english word :D google translates it as "zündschalter" :D but I never heard this. Do you mean a relay?

what do you mean by ignition switch? Probably I know it, but not the english word :D google translates it as "zündschalter" :D but I never heard this. Do you mean a relay?

where you put the key, a block where all the ignition wires go at the back (give it a wiggle)

ah thanks ok :D he really meant the switch :D

edit: I messured a bit... I have no battery + signal at my intrument harness anymore. I think, solving this problem will solve all others.

edit 2: I think I located the problem. I ever thought the plug next to the battery+ is just a plug, but my wiring diagram clearly says "fusible link" I think I have to check this.

Since removing my loom for engine bay respray, I have developed the same problem!

However my electrics all work when the engine is running!!

I have these 3 plugs that aren't connected to anything, could someone shed some light on where they go and whether they could be the problem!

I think these were for the original carb and inlet manifold.
2011-04-16%2019.02.44.jpg

I think this is for the original gearbox
2011-04-16%2019.01.45.jpg

This one is the one I think needs connecting to make the electrics work again, iam not 100% sure though. If I connect it to live my electrics start doing stuff all by them selves :(
2011-04-16%2019.01.31.jpg

Its white with a red stripe and has a male spade connecter within the rubber boot. It comes from the ballast resistor/coil section of loom.

Iam driving the car atm, have been since Friday. But its a pain in the ringo without wipers and proper working lights.

Thanks in advance for any help :) I hope someone can help :)

Thanks
Kev

Ps is there a wiring diagram on the web for download? I haven't been able to find 1!

the top one in the first pic looks like side repeater connector, or washer pump.

second picture, brake servo, fluid level switch.

third picture should bolt to the altenator i think, has it got a brass lig crimped on the end? although is that the gearbox? so it mush be battery end, it must go the the battery +ve if thats the case then, probably through one of those fuseable links.

Cheers scott I think your right about the top 2 pics, I can leave them disconnected and should be fine.

The bottom one does look to me like it should connect to the battery but I don't have enough length to get it to the fuseable link and there is no spare connecters. I think iam missing a small section of loom from there.

And yes it is the gearbox you see :)

The alternator has a white connector plugged in and also has a white wire and a black wire. I connected the white wire to the + on the alternator and I connected the black wire to the screw on the alt casing with a condenser thing.

I think the alternator wiring could be wrong!

Ill have another play tonight when I get home from drifting in wales :)

Iam not having any luck with these electrics :( I can't work out what I have connected wrongly or forgotten to connect.

If I connect the white wire with red stripe it back feeds all my electrics and the start doing odd things.

There must be a link to a wiring diagram somewhere?

Any ideas if there is a main fuse that could be blown. Ia fairly sure the fusable link is ok :)

I have been enjoying drivng the car but its not that safe with the electrics playing up all the time

Thanks
Kev

the wire for the autochoke will power the electrics even with the ignition off eh kev (its a separate feed from the alt, so that the autochoke wont release if you leave the ignition on accidently)

the wire for the autochoke will power the electrics even with the ignition off eh kev (its a separate feed from the alt, so that the autochoke wont release if you leave the ignition on accidently)

Ah ok thanks frank.

So I leave the white/red wire disconnected and my problem will be coming from somewhere else!

Would you have any idea where I should start looking?

90% of the electrics work with the engine running! But if it stalls they stop working!

I have no wipers whether the engine is running or not!

Thanks again :)
Kev

I just had a look on my car and the old engine and I don't think the white and red wire connects to the inlet or carb. Its too short! And the only plugs that match the inlet are the white plugs pictured above.

2 go to the inlet/carb and the 3rd goes to brake fluid level.

The white/red wire comes out of the same piece of loom that connects to the ballast resistor and the coil!!

I don't get how everything (apart from the wipers) work with the engine running but doesn't work otherwise :s very confused :s

I wish I could find a wiring diagram for it, then I would be able to figure it out I reckon. Does autodata have k10 micra on it?

Back