Nitrous - experts only

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I've searched and found a lot of BS on this subject, as I'm looking for real answers I gotta ask that only people with experience in nitrous and motorsport reply. No offence to anyone else but if I wanted uneducated guesswork I'd ask myself.

I have got to the age where I can afford to insure a nitrous boosted car. I'm seriously considering it as it's more 'plug n play' than turbos and other performance enhancing methods. I know it's not just a case of straping it on and it'll require jetting and solenoid timings etc, however the cost seems less than a full turbo conversion.

So what other prep work needs doing?

What sort of power can I run on a standard engine with a standard clutch?

Wet or dry?

Single point or direct port?

The vehicle in question is a suzuki x-90 4wd 1.6 manual.

No rush on answering as first I need to get a job and buy the car, however this isn't just a childish dream, I'm really going to do this, just want to be well prepared before starting such a thing.

The kit will probably be a DIY install so any suggestions of pre-made kits would help :D

Ok thanks, didn't really know where to ask, as at least one person here had tried I figured this was a good place to start

i have no personal experiance but from talking with experts i know that a WET kit is better and DIRECT PORT is also better, if you can get them then do

Sweet, I might actually give the clio a 500 shot before I scrap it, then I can re-use the kit on my next car and dial it down a little. Only looking for a 50 shot really but as I don't care about the clio I'll give it one last 1/4 mile to ruin the engine lol

The guy who wrote this site collaborated a lot with the owner of Wizards of NOS with regards to nitrous systems.
They both advocate the same type of nitrous system, but one shows you how to do it DIY, the other sells (very good) kits.

http://www.nitrous.info/

Can I suggest you go with a vehicle specific kit if available first and then when you gain more knowledge make your own custom setup?

Extremely easy to lean out a very stressed engine if you get the fuel to gas ratio wrong.

I have seen the results of the midnight fiddlers on race prepped drag motors with devastating effects.

Back