Nissanubaru Micra WRX i'll explain

So I thought I'd share my suspension woes with you all
For those that haven't seen a k10 rear turret
20130616_194840_zps8bf6337a.jpg

And for those who haven't seen a subaru rear hub. Which I suspect is many
20130616_194831_zps2d66ad10.jpg

Notice something? Well the mount is offset forward...
And the micra turret in relation to hub?... yes its offset rear
20130616_194912_zps3175dec1.jpg

At an angle
20130616_194849_zps155fb09d.jpg

Im making an offset 'y' bracket to mount polo rear coilovers ( as an example) or if I use the subaru oe gear or coily fronts I'll use what we call an offset 'd' bracket. Haven't got one to show you all so I'll draft a sketch up for myself and take a picture.
Another idea I've had is to swap the hubs around. Putting the brakes at the front instead and the offsets mount to the rear. Whether it brings it inline or not is another matter but I don't fancy fighting the old carrier bolts and the driveshafts nuts.. we'll see

Can't flip the diff... but there's no need anyway? It'll run the same. I can however try and swap the hubs which is my hopeful idea and possibly the best option. Except I haven't measured the two arms bushes width to see if its possible first. Can't risk upsetting it if they're not

So today after running out of grinder discs, welding gas and money today was spent looking at it
The suspension has come to needing new turrets making. Too far offset
Prop needs shortening but the nuts to undo the centre weren't 12mm or 11mm
Measured it anyway.. made no notes so ive wasted my time there.
This is the hard part right here. Once its done with it'll fly :) just means a week or so with no progress

I've sad news... This wont make jae :(
I'll be coming but the nissanubaru wont :(:( why?... I simply wont be able to afford to build it, road ready it and get it down there. Annoying thing is it'll probably be ready and running but by then but the mot insurance and tax will keep it on the driveway :( safe to say I'm depressed about it.... but it wont stop me trying :)

Yea I know... but scooby powered micra is so much cooler :( but when you put it like that it dont seem so bad :)
At least if I make the decision now I can put the money into getting mine ready :)
Just didn't want to let everyone down afterall I did promise it'd be there... mainly to coax SirChris into going to jae.. on foot

I do need many parts :) lost my ecu and loom in my workshop fire :( so I need that lot. I'll send you a message with a list :) some bits I have but are faulty or I just want a spare

I need to update it really. Nothing interesting to add.
Engines being cleaned up. More I put together the more I find is missing :(
Trying to source missing parts without paying an arm and a leg for each bolt

Plus I've been focusing on my car a lot recently for jae :)
I'll throw an update up in the next day or two but there's nothing to really show :(

Yea I'm taking that one :)
"My long promised blog" that one. It was a financial issue that caused me to change plan. The cost included the missing parts for this build along never mind the taxing, testing and insuring afterwards ended up now being 8 times more than my rally one
Was mega disappointed for letting everyone down. But enuo made a good point which softened the blow
A K10 1.6 rally car is still unique
So I'll be bringing that :)

If it doesn't make it this year then it'll be there next year :D
I either stick the money into the Nissanubaru and hope I makes it... or stick the money it into mine and definitely make it

I'll stick an update on here too.
Progress is virtually at a standstill here.
Hopefully though once my welders fixed and I've finished the little bits on my other K10 the progress shall resume here at project nissanubaru. It will probably be built (not necessarily running) by JAE but still finances would prevent me road readying it in time.

Preparaing it for JAE 2014 takes the pressure off and makes it more enjoyable.
Either that or the cg turbo crew will get a shock at our proposed MSC track day next year.

No the WRX engine will not be left standard :D coz race car

Plans for JAE 2014 have begun already. Just to make sure its definitely there.
I've had a volunteer to pilot it to JAE for me. So H701 and Nissanubaru shall roll in together
And so I must get it built. Still waiting until mines ready and JAE2013 is over and done
So I'll keep everyone up to date with the plans
And hopefully the continuation of the build :)

Back