Minding 2004 WRX

cisco

» CMF Member
Tonight I'm minding a mate's 2004 WRX.

Its pretty funky. Just like any of the typical jabba ones you see on the street. Big cannon muffler, bright blue etc.

Almost brand new, its pretty nice. Very smooth and refined. Its actually quite a big car compared to the micra.

Smooth power delivery, very nice engine note, nice throb from the boxer engine. Seems to pull very well in the top gears like 3rd and 4th etc.

Definately lacks the same big g-force pushback that bluey has, but its just so smooth and refined. Very nice to drive in.

Quite jam packed in the engine bay, I'm thinking even worse than the micra. Not a lot of room in there.

I love factory refinement sometimes. You can just buy one of these, do nothing to it, and everything works, everything's modern and reliable and well thought out.

Cars have even improved aethetically and usability wise I think in the past 10 years.

It still doesn't feel as nice to me as sitting in blue monster. But perhaps that's just a personal thing heh. Can' t beat that feeling of knowing your car has so much grunt under the hood ready to use any time.

Power delivery of the WRX feels very similar in smoothness and boost threshold to my old S14 200sx.

I have to drop it back tomorrow morning. What a fun adventure.

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Haha, I was just watching a comparison between an Evo and Noble on topgear, like 5 minutes ago, Although its not my cup of tea, I wouldnt mind driving it around for a day :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I too would kill for a Cooper S.

(preferably with a john cooper works kit, but lets not be picky...)

I wouldnt mind one of those overseas new (mark5 i think?) 3dr VW Golf GTi's either..

cisco

» CMF Member
I could never possibly sell blue monster I don't think. Maybe one day many years down the track.

But as a second car I would get either:
- immaculate S14 200sx, and modify everything so it made big power.
- Something very luxurious, i.e. brand new maxima, celsior like Sean's, or a phat new fairlane v8 or xr6turbo or something, who knows. I reckon I'll end up getting something like that not too far down the track, once bluey is finished and all working reliably. Need a main reliable car basically. heh. Something I can just drop off at the place for servicing and not worry one bit about it.

I love those Ignis Sports too, but pity they don't make them any more. That was a fizzer.

cisco

» CMF Member
Good onya Seano.

Is that jabba suspension aftermarket?

Don't they have air bag suspension from the factory, but the height adjust must be aftermarket??

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I think the fuel would add up in that thing.

Fairly heavy, not extremely aerodynamic..

Great fun for city jabbing though. But honestly, not as fun as driving the blue monster. The blue monster is just kind of off the scale, like its a funny little car with too much power. You can't beat the feeling of being able to break traction in 2nd gear. haha.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yeah it has airsus stock (on some models, mine's the C-F which is THE model to get)

The height controller is aftermarket though...

But I wouldn't be driving anywhere near that on the stocko sus though as you can damage it pretty easily and with second hand airsus struts costing $880 minimum...

When mine go I'm going aftermarket suspension so you can drive with the bags aired out

Sean

Back