Nissan Micra - Front Speakers

P

Panjabi

Heya peeps, any ideas what size front speakers are suitable for a Nissan Micra (2001, 51 reg) - previous shape? I was looking at some custom fit speaker websites which suggest 17cm Pioneers. The Pioneers are not only expensive but an adapter plate (which is hard to get hold of) is also required. Could I get away with say Infinity Ref 6002i which are about 16.5cm in size? Thanks.

The speaker size you want up front is 6.5" or 16.5-17cm. You also need to be aware of the mounting depth, as anything more than 54mm needs a spacer to fit.
For example my components when fitted need a mounting depth of 70mm, so will be getting a 20mm spacer.

Cheers guys... well I didn't want to mess around with spacers so I ended up putting in a pair of Kenwoods... and it sounds so good. BTW HU is an Alpine 9847R.

I have some nice DLS speakers.............unfortunately it meant that I also needed 30mm spacers!!!

I'm in the process of building some custom fibreglass enclosures - should look awesome.... :)

I have some nice DLS comps too!!! :D :D Mine didnt need spacers or out, straight swap and they sound cool

Errrmmm how do I get the door panels off? I've managed to get as far as unclipping about ten plastic fixing around the door... I took the window winding handle off as well but I think there are two screws in the middle? I don't know how to access them. Can't seem to get the panel off. Any help appreciated. Thanks ;-)

Panjabi said:
Cheers guys... well I didn't want to mess around with spacers so I ended up putting in a pair of Kenwoods... and it sounds so good. BTW HU is an Alpine 9847R.

eh?? from what you've already told us, its seems you should already know how to take door cards off.

well anyways the top part of the arm rest comes off, just pull it upwards with a bit of force and it will come off, then the 2 screws your talking about are under there.

Just out of interest... on my k11 there seemed to be a bit of space to play with when the door card was removed... if the max depth is 54mm then how much extra space would be left? For example, for a spacer? Say the spacer was a 5mm MDF ring? Just wondering. Ta.

You can make them if you want. Or you can buy them ready made (MDF) from Auto Acoustics (google search it). Halfords don't sell them at the moment / you could ask any decent audio store as they might sell them. If you're going with Pioneers by any chance then pioneer also make an adaptor plate (like a spacer but moulded plastic) for most of the new custom fit pioneer models.

Back