Nissan DataScan Map Trace Address

Hello all,

I've had a look around on the forums here for awhile and I might have missed this info but I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

The Nissan DataScan software has a Map Trace feature, which as I understand it, shows what cells in the ECU Fuel Map are currently being referenced by the ECU while the car is driving along.

I'm trying to make this work for a 1999 1.0L K11, which I *assume* is running the ECCS ECU, not MoTronic ECU. This car does have NATS.
Connecting the data cable and running Nissan DataScan does allow me to view information which seems to be correct.
I believe I need some ROM Addresses that work for this ECCS ECU so that Map Trace will read correctly.

Taken from this website: https://www.nissanclub.com/threads/nissan-datascan-map-trace-addresses.262361/ as an example for a 1993/1994 Altima:

Primary Fuel Map

RPM MSB Address: 3475
RPM LSB Address: 3474
TP Address: 31B1

Map Address: 8100
TP Scale Address: 80F0
RPM Scale Address: 80E0

Does anyone have these address for the 1999 1.0L ECCS ECU ?

Another quick side question, does anyone know if this ECU is a 32kb ROM size or 64kb ROM size ?

Thanks all

If you really wanna see the fuel map and what values are used at any given moment use Nistune´s software (use the free trial), although for the tracer to work you gotta use an older version (i use 1.2.39 ) as the newer 1.4v for some reason doesnt detect the load axis value a.k.a TP.
As for the ROM size earlier "half size" ECU´s had 32 KB maps and later ones had 64 KB ones.

Thanks for the reply,

I'd not thought to look at Nistune, or its Address files that it uses.
I'll have to strip the center console area and physically check the size of the ECU, I've seen pictures of both the half size and full size units but I'm not sure which one is actually in this K11.

I would say as a 99' one pretty sure it would be the full size ECU. Anyway you just need to take one panel from the footrest area to check it out.
1U210 , 0U400 , 1U203 , 74B01 , 74B05 and 74B61 should be the serials for a 64 kB ROM full size ecu just in case you find it useful.

74B05 is reported by Nistune while loading a ROM dump from the ECU I had made from another program.
The other program, I need to look at again, as it only dumped 32KB of the ECU.
I imagine I need to adjust the start and end points of the ROM dump to collect the whole of the ROM.

74B05 its supposed to be 64 kB (i could be wrong as i am talking from memory). when i was doing ECU chipping prototypes 0000-7FFF address´ were reserved for RAM and various other things like IO.
So I would start in address 0x8000, thats where ROM data is stored

My original ROM dump, did start at 0x8000 and went to 0xFFFF, but this produced the 32KB ROM file.
This was suggested by the program, to use those values, I didn't adjust them.

Well then probably it´s a 32kB file (for sure the software knows more than i do ahahahaa).
Anyhow you could try adjusting yourself the limits to 0x8000-0x10000 which would be 64kB size.
Then open the file with any hexviewer and see if 0x8000 and onwards is either FF for empty space or any data. Maybe stupid idea but if you like tinkering its an option

Back