Fuel map

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I just thought I would show what the fuel map on the ST looks like from the e-manage. This map represents the alterations from the stock ecu. It shows fuel ajustment Vs Boost and RPM. The target AFR for anything below 0.4 bar is 14.7:1, so you can what changes in the map needed to be done to achieve this. - this is for economey. Above 0.4 bar to 1.8 bar the map target is 12:1. You can see where the airflow meter runs out of air the e-manage has to provide a whole load more fuel (from map sensor) to reach the target afr, infact almost double what the ECU would normally do as the stock map is not capable of going this far...

Attachments

• fuel-map.jpg
    fuel-map.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 325
No thats a screen shot from excel. Pete I use a PLX M-500.

oh right, never seen the plx unit before, i had an LM-1, but have a Zeitronix on order after i broke the LM-1, i had a play with the Zeitronix unit, quick, small, easy to use well priced and expandable - boost and egt, to be honest cost for cost the LM-1 seems over priced now

They are coming down in prices now. The one I have I have been using for about a year and a half now. There are alot more about since then. The E-manage has an external input and tbh a LC-1 would do the job, I dont really need the display, but that is what I use when I map other cars. I now have the e-manage hitting its own target maps so I dont even need human input to map the fuel, it should make for far more precise mapping, infact what normally took over an hour had been smoothed out better in 15mins, and so ignition can now be concentrated on more precisely which is equally vital (ajusting ignition often also affects fueling - this will now auto correct)

Ed

i thought the standard e-manage only can alter fuel and not spark?

what do you rate e-manage out of ten for a piggyback ecu compared to other units. how many points can you adjust the fuel?

can this be plugged into the super s ecu? im happy to bring it to you at some point :D he he ill be up your way next weekend (not this one)

I have said before that the standard blue e-manage can do Fuel AND Ignition. :) The E-m ultimate (new one) can do almost anything, and has nearly as much control as programming an ecu directly.

Mat, yes it can but it alone other than mapping ignition, it wouldnt help you much.

Ed

Each of the maps have 16x16 load points. I rate the bm blue 7/10 and em u 9/10 and 10/10 when a few bugs have been fixed.

Ed said:
I have said before that the standard blue e-manage can do Fuel AND Ignition. :) The E-m ultimate (new one) can do almost anything, and has nearly as much control as programming an ecu directly.

Mat, yes it can but it alone other than mapping ignition, it wouldnt help you much.

Ed

i know it wouldnt do much still be interesting to see it all in action :D

Alienfish360 said:
May be going off topic here and may should be in a thread or even a *shock* search. But what is limited by having NATS, what can't I do with NATS?

change to a ga16 throtle body easy... :D and get cheap replacement keys?? think thats bout it

in other words NATS isnt bad untill you wanna mess about with it

that image just makes me want an emanage ultimate lol, you are lucky my msn aint working ATM otherwise it would be question time again lol

Ian said:
just to clarify... a 16x16 map, what is it? 16 rpm points by 16 different throttle loads?

16 ajustable RPM points and 16 load points, these can be maf voltage throttle position or boost.

Davey C said:
that image just makes me want an emanage ultimate lol, you are lucky my msn aint working ATM otherwise it would be question time again lol

You could make a graph like that from the blue e-manage as well.

Ed

Back