Nissan!... Can We Have A Micra Like This?

cup version should be better. its still a lard ass though. i think renault my develop a new small car as now they dont have one.

Nissan really need to get the finger out and design something like this. I know they have the 160SR, but that Clio 197bhp.

No wonder Nissan has a poor image.

if the 182's reliability is anything to go by then 15k for this new sport is money down the drain. sorry but i have to give the french the finger salute!

do you reckon they read forums like this and think about it?

i hope so. If they made the k12 less gay i would be interested. They made the clio so much better and totally ruined the k12, wat d ### is the deal?

i hope the next micra has got nice styling.

there will be another supermini from nissan, just not under the name micra. Then again i might be wrong, can't remember where i read it now.

Micra will be no more, Primera will be no more soon (They only sell the esate in japan now and Euro models only come in 1.8 versions) and the almera well is no more.

i know something but i cant say......but most of the micra replacement is going to be built in china.

Well lets face it the name "Micra" is never gonna allow Nissan to make a hot hatch which people take too seriously.

Lets just hope the next super mini will be given a more... flexible name and the MSC will probably continue long into the future.

yeah im sure even when the micra name is dropped. We will move onto the nissan/jap supermini, or maybe older nissans such as an S14a ;)

not released in uk. little suzuki. i think nissan could do well with a tiny city car like moco in uk. aslong as it wasnt trying to be anything better. a smart type nissan would be good. a little 2 seater with a sub 1.0 bike type turbo engine. and less than 700kg kerb weight.

tse_adam said:
if the 182's reliability is anything to go by then 15k for this new sport is money down the drain. sorry but i have to give the french the finger salute!

It does my nut this does ^

Firstly, I have a 182 and it is perfectly reliable. EVERY make of car has some sort of issues... k11s? I can think of two instantly: brake cylinders and the cracking throttle housing thing. Yes my 182 squeaks, but that's it! My k11 understeered and locked up all the time, plus it was slow as sh*te. I still loved it... But I also kept an open mind, I drove every hot hatch under the sun, including several type R's and the 182 just blew me away. The thing really is amazing to drive, and seriously rapid. Evo tested it at 6.6 seconds to 60.

You might also find that the new 197 has an RRP of about 16K, same as the old 182, but in reallity new 197s are ALREADY going for about 13K...

And as far as giving the french the finger salute, Renault and Nissan are now the same company, and if you buy a k12 you may as well buy a mk3 clio as they are basically the same car.

Oh and by the way, as far as money down the drain goes, I guarantee you that my 182 will hold its value more than your micra.

I've just picked up on this thread and can't believe it,
Layla said:
AFAIK nissan are dropping the micra name after the k12.
How can Nissan drop the Micra name after all this time. If Nissan are ashamed of the name because of the limitations they themselves imposed on it, then Why not prove the general public wrong ? Build a class leader in the K13, make it competative in every way, something to compete with the upcoming Renault/Citroen/Vauxhall/ford clones, instead of fobbing us off with hideous boxes like the Moco. I myself wouldn't buy a Moco after several years of owning a Micra in one form or another, I'd rather go somewhere else.

tbh, if you want to come on a forum and praise a 182, don't come on a micra one. Im sure the 172/182 lads call micra's. They aren't highly rated on here, even if they are a good car. Never drove one myself, but i wouldnt like im sure as ive driven other french cars and they just dont feel as good as my micra. Even if the micra is slower :). I'll like to see how the 182 does when it's 14 years old with 120K on the clock, for all we know it could drop to bits. Or could be like the day when it rolled out of the factory (rattly and plastic:D)

Dave78 said:
Oh and by the way, as far as money down the drain goes, I guarantee you that my 182 will hold its value more than your micra.

ok..so lets take a top of the range micra ED's super turbo and we will see how much money you loose in ten years time over ED's super turbo at ten years old

and the point about you mite aswell buy a clio instead of a k12..why? its still got a jap engine and renault have made it handle and brake better than the k11.both cars have benefited from this.

dunno how anyone can slag them off too much,just look at them in F1

Type-R said:
i hope so. If they made the k12 less gay i would be interested.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=gay micra&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&sa=N&tab=wi no chance..its european gay car of the year 2006 :D

its on topgayer too.. http://www.queernetwork.co.uk/motoring.html

Dave78 said:
It does my nut this does ^ ............. My k11 understeered and locked up all the time, plus it was slow as sh*te.

you say this does your nut, well its the same for us when people come on here saying the micras are slow, when infact they are not. the standard super s/sr is faster than a clio 1.2/1.4 and with £500 worth of mods will see off a 1.6 (granted not a good comparision as the clio is not modded, but thats a diff argument altogether lol) and its only 1275cc.

sounds to me like your comparing your clio to the micra, which is a bit unfair, its like comparing a 182 to a r34 gtr, makes the clio look about as much fun a bus... (not intended as a dig at you/clios)

as with the k12 it has the best of both, nissan power with the brakes of renault and tbh we all know that the micra brakes in europe are a bit pants.

Dr Zoidberg said:
you say this does your nut, well its the same for us when people come on here saying the micras are slow, when infact they are not. the standard super s/sr is faster than a clio 1.2/1.4 and with £500 worth of mods will see off a 1.6 QUOTE]

I think it might struggle to do that TBH, some of the cliosport boys have timed their 1.6's taking between 8 to 8.5 secs to reach 60. I HAD a 1.0L K11 for years, and yes it was VERY SLOW. But you are right, compared to the rest of its class, the micra is quick. This was something I only understood when I started getting in faster hot hatches. Although to be fair, it wasn't Fiat Panda slow... ;) and yes I do realise comparing 182's to 1.0L K11 is a bit unfair, my point is that I didn't really understand what fast was until I started driving hot hatches... So go out and blag some test drives ;)

My god, I hope when I was on this forum (years ago) I wasn't as naive and closed minded as some of you. Ian you said you've never driven one but you're sure you wouldn't like one... hhhmmm. That's a, erm, well thought out and balanced opinion. Plus you contradict yourself about 3 times in one sentance. Go drive one and then come back and say the same thing.

And as for holding value, I reckon a Clio Trophy would take on your Super Micra for depreciation.

My micra was a wonderful car, and I keep telling the girlfriend I might get one eventually as a second car. But she won't have that. I loved my micra, I thought it was the 'biz' - and they are great cars. So believe me I'm not slagging them off. What really bugged me though was the unfounded attack on the 182. ALL cars have issues... how many people had problems when the new k12 came out?

My whole point was that everyone really should keep an open mind (and not just go French bashing)... I always thought I'd end up with Jap cars forever, but after driving a CTR I was very honestly disappointed. And now, what scares me more is that I look at M3 convertables and think "that's nice... wouldn't mind one of them..." eeek...

Dave78 said:
Dr Zoidberg said:
you say this does your nut, well its the same for us when people come on here saying the micras are slow, when infact they are not. the standard super s/sr is faster than a clio 1.2/1.4 and with £500 worth of mods will see off a 1.6 QUOTE]

I think it might struggle to do that TBH, some of the cliosport boys have timed their 1.6's taking between 8 to 8.5 secs to reach 60. I HAD a 1.0L K11 for years, and yes it was VERY SLOW. But you are right, compared to the rest of its class, the micra is quick. This was something I only understood when I started getting in faster hot hatches. Although to be fair, it wasn't Fiat Panda slow... ;) and yes I do realise comparing 182's to 1.0L K11 is a bit unfair, my point is that I didn't really understand what fast was until I started driving hot hatches... So go out and blag some test drives ;)

My god, I hope when I was on this forum (years ago) I wasn't as naive and closed minded as some of you. Ian you said you've never driven one but you're sure you wouldn't like one... hhhmmm. That's a, erm, well thought out and balanced opinion. Plus you contradict yourself about 3 times in one sentance. Go drive one and then come back and say the same thing.

And as for holding value, I reckon a Clio Trophy would take on your Super Micra for depreciation.

My micra was a wonderful car, and I keep telling the girlfriend I might get one eventually as a second car. But she won't have that. I loved my micra, I thought it was the 'biz' - and they are great cars. So believe me I'm not slagging them off. What really bugged me though was the unfounded attack on the 182. ALL cars have issues... how many people had problems when the new k12 came out?

My whole point was that everyone really should keep an open mind (and not just go French bashing)... I always thought I'd end up with Jap cars forever, but after driving a CTR I was very honestly disappointed. And now, what scares me more is that I look at M3 convertables and think "that's nice... wouldn't mind one of them..." eeek...

i argee with this

nah, pretty sure i wouldnt like it. I wouldnt considering owning one, doesnt appeal, but looks like a good car.

My friend chie had a 1.3 micra with the regular exhaust mods and an SAFC and could clock 60 in 8.3 seconds. As you said you had a 1.0 but the 1.3 is much much better.

this is a micra forum after all, so it probably doesnt really appeal to anyone, otherwise they would have clios....

Ian said:
nah, pretty sure i wouldnt like it. I wouldnt considering owning one, doesnt appeal, but looks like a good car.

My friend chie had a 1.3 micra with the regular exhaust mods and an SAFC and could clock 60 in 8.3 seconds. As you said you had a 1.0 but the 1.3 is much much better.

this is a micra forum after all, so it probably doesnt really appeal to anyone, otherwise they would have clios....

i definatly agree with ian, your comparing a 1.6 renault clio to a 1.0 micra, why not compare it to the 1.3 or 1.4.

the 1.6 clio would be quicker as factory, its a shame nissan dont make the micra with a bigger engine (k11). but it doesnt mean the 1.3/1.4 micras are slow as they can be tuned easily past 100bhp and they are both featherweight.

To clock that with a 1.3 micra and only those mods the car must have been seriously stripped out and Chie must be a skinny ###### (like me)...

Was that timed officially?? Or with one of the in car performance timers? Especially due to the fact they would have to change gear twice. :glare:

I would have thought to get that 0-60 with a 1.3 micra you would've needed:
Closed Induction
De Cat + Full Sports Exhaust and Manifold
Cams
Remapped ECU and raised Rev Limit (to allow you past 60 in second).
Light wheels
Even with all that I would have thought you were looking at 120BHP tops.

After 60 though BHP tends to 'kick in' and thats when you see major differences.

Yes it is a micra forum, and no I know they don't appeal to everyone. But before you criticise one you should realy drive it. I'd love to slag off the new Golf Gti but I bet it's amazing to drive. I'd even bet an Audi TT could be fun too...

By the way, love the look of those K12's with the IMPUL kit on it... anyone got the IMPUL supercharger kit? Different post maybe.

wtf? the forum won't allow you to write b u g g e r? without 'hashing it out'... thats ####

No one here with a charger..... yet! :D

His exact mods for achieve this 0-60 was. (using a gtec, results were conistant between the about 8.3-8.6 ish iirc.)

no back seats or spare wheel, not exactly seriously stripped, and a fat git so it cancels its-self out :D.

manifold, decat, catback
Filter on TB with cold air feed
1.6 TB
SAFC

With all of your mods that you suggest on top. it would be low 7's, high 6's if you could get the traction. 1.3 micra's are quite tunable really. 1.3's can see over 200bhp if turbo'd and the jap ones have over 150BHP N/A.

hhmmm, like I said previously, compared to the rest of their class the micras are quick... but they are not that quick. The 1.3s are quite nippy, but they are not fast... unless turbo'd. In the same way that my clio is not fast compared to an EVO FQ340. Yes it would be close between a 1.3 k11 and a 1.4 mk2 clio. This was not what the whole arguement was about. The arguement was about slagging a car off before you had even driven it. :suspect:

Apologies Ian, was replying to rlees when you posted. I'm not too sure I'd trust that Gtec completely. That 1.6 (Almera?) TB would make a big difference though. But the whole key to a quick micra is weight reduction. As you all know. Which is why all us clio owners are concerned with the 1.2 tonne weight of the 197...

i wouldnt #### on a 182 if it was on fire tbh mate

ill stay open minded about my next car aslong as it has a GT-R badge on the rear :)

why didnt you buy a v6 clio if you wanted a "proper" french car

RIK said:

ill stay open minded about my next car aslong as it has a GT-R badge on the rear :)

bit unpractial though? And rather expensive, i could see the 182 being a sensible choice. But the for the cash a V6 would cost, you could get a more practical, better car.

Ian said:
bit unpractial though? And rather expensive, i could see the 182 being a sensible choice. But the for the cash a V6 would cost, you could get a more practical, better car.

13k i think they are in the trader..cors you could get a better car but he like his french fries

RIK said:

Because I didn't have 18k to spend on a car that was gonna chuck me backwards through a hedge with only one passenger and no luggage. Thought I'd rather spend 11k and take four passengers and their luggage with me to their firey doom... ;)

Though if Nissan pulled their finger out and made the proper R version k12 that they hinted at (with that mid engined demo beauty) then I'd buy one of those.

Dave78 said:
Because I didn't have 18k to spend on a car that was gonna chuck me backwards through a hedge with only one passenger and no luggage. Thought I'd rather spend 11k and take four passengers and their luggage with me to their firey doom... ;)

Though if Nissan pulled their finger out and made the proper R version k12 that they hinted at (with that mid engined demo beauty) then I'd buy one of those.

you could have got a nice r32 gt-r for 11k..if you couldnt afford the 13k for a v6

RIK said:
you could have got a nice r32 gt-r for 11k..if you couldnt afford the 13k for a v6

hhhmmm, that probably had more than 6k on the clock and was an import with no warranty... Oh and outrageous insurance. I wanted a fun small hot hatch. With trade in I spent 10k... Nissan quoted me 10.5k for the slower 160SR...

Dave78 said:
hhhmmm, that probably had more than 6k on the clock and was an import with no warranty... Oh and outrageous insurance. I wanted a fun small hot hatch. With trade in I spent 10k... Nissan quoted me 10.5k for the slower 160SR...

go on gt-r forum and ask if you need a warranty :D:D

i dont see how milage matters??

insurance cant be that bad..i bet your paying stupid money for a clio anyway

also my nans hairdresser drives a clio 182

RIK said:
go on gt-r forum and ask if you need a warranty :D:D

i dont see how milage matters??

insurance cant be that bad..i bet your paying stupid money for a clio anyway

also my nans hairdresser drives a clio 182

No it's quite decent the insurance really, seeing as it's group 16.

Erm, wouldn't buy a car without warranty, Nissan engines do go pop too...

And as for the last comment, did you not read your own comment about the k12 being gay car of the year?? What's wrong with people who are gay anyway? Or hairdressers, they need to drive too... :wasntme:

Dave78 said:
No it's quite decent the insurance really, seeing as it's group 16.

Erm, wouldn't buy a car without warranty, Nissan engines do go pop too...

And as for the last comment, did you not read your own comment about the k12 being gay car of the year?? What's wrong with people who are gay anyway? Or hairdressers, they need to drive too... :wasntme:

yeah they do go pop if you dont look after them.but if you know what you are doing it wont :) ED's micra is a prime example of this

i will ignore your last comment because i would cause another riot if i said what i think :)

id have a 182! and im a renault mechanic - they are actually quite reliable and very comfortable to drive and as Dave said - Very quick!!

i would also have a 197 - working for a renault dealership we get photos and promos a fair bit ahead of the release, i wasnt too impressed when i seen the pictures, but when i seen it in the metal today at renault race day at knockhill it was stunning! I want one now!

2064495834e11185.jpg

20644958358c3513.jpg

20644958360ea6d1.jpg

206449583689d99f.jpg

Decide for yourselves

Dave78 said:
I think it might struggle to do that TBH, some of the cliosport boys have timed their 1.6's taking between 8 to 8.5 secs

i'll believe seen as how my 160 is hitting it in 8.3-8.5 when its ment to be 9.8.

Dave78 said:
my point is that I didn't really understand what fast was until I started driving hot hatches... So go out and blag some test drives ;)

no need, try driving 340bhp/310 lb/ft torque evos and scobby sti's round a track. that'll give you an idea of fast. :p

don't get me wrong i don't think micras are the fastest best thing since sliced bread. but i did presume you had a 1.3 micra, sorry. however knowing you now had a 1.0 gives me a better idea why you said slow as even 1.0 to 1.3 jump is a big difference.

i actually looked into the 172/182 instead of the 160 but the 160 was a better more practical choice for my needs. like you said regarding the V6 clio.

Dave78 said:

this i totally agree with, i've had to take the 160 back a couple of times.

Dave78 said:
My whole point was that everyone really should keep an open mind (and not just go French bashing)...

this i again agree with as we get it all the time "oh look its another gay micra!" meh! point being i learned the whole not judge a book by its cover thing, as for my first car i went out to get a 1.2/1.4 clio and came home with a k11 1.0 ltr after bashing them all the previous week. lol

tbh sorry if i offended in any way but it doesn't matter where you go if the club is not about the car your on about it'll never agree. try telling corsa sport that the micra Super s/sr is a better faster car etc than the sri, they won't listen.

rik: part conversions, hopefully this will be possible :)

RIK said:
DR Z..didnt know you had to take yours back on warranty..what for?

electrical faults with steering wheel controls for stereo didn't work one day :S fixed its self but still got them to check, they couldn't find anything wrong

Back