nismo engine mounts, where from and how much?

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
As per title. All the engine mounts on the super s are buggered, and repco wants a fortune for replacement standard ones. So might as well get nismo!

Where have you bought them from and how much were they? Are they available as whole units with brackets or do they all have to be pressed in?

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
MicraGirl2011 WROTE:

"I got my mounts from perfect run last week, took 3 days to get here from Japan once payment was cleared into there account (7 days all up) cost $160 posted but they needed to be pressed

Is that for all four mounts? Was quoted that for just one of the standard ones at repco!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
It just a roll mount just stops then engine going back to far if the rear mount is sagged; it has a metal throughout it for the extra support

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member

CMF_MicraGirl2011

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"MicraGirl2011 WROTE:

"I got my mounts from perfect run last week, took 3 days to get here from Japan once payment was cleared into there account (7 days all up) cost $160 posted but they needed to be pressed "</div>

Is that for all four mounts? Was quoted that for just one of the standard ones at repco!

yeah thats all 4, wouldnt go anywhere else for mounts some people were wanting to charge me anywere from $400-$260 deleivered for mounts!

need mounts deffs go to perfectrun! may need to get them pressed but still cheaper

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:

"hows the ride with the nismo mounts can anyone comment?"</div>

bzzzzzzzzzzzzz FTL

think of all that extra mythical hp tho eh ;)

You do notice the difference, as the vibration does get transfered through the cabin (as you'd expect). Personal opinion will determine if you feel its excessive or not. :)

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
It's a little harsh, but it's what you expect for "Racing Mounts" the packet when I brought them said "For Competition Use Only"

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"What's the go with the front mount, its like a pretend mount in std form but solid in the nismo ones? Some even dispose of this mount?

it does sweet FA imo, mine was binned years ago :)

RTK WROTE:

"It's a little harsh, but it's what you expect for "Racing Mounts" the packet when I brought them said "For MASOCHISTIC Use Only"
fixored :)

Attachments

• 79198.jpg
    79198.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 40

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
haha frank nice edit ;)

I like the Nismo mounts as I found them to dramaticly reduce wheelhop in autocross events with sticky tyres.

And Rudy the front mount isnt solid in the nismo version, its slightly beefed up but still has lots of play. I agree with frank on its role...

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
So I just ordered new mounts and got a reply today from perfectrun saying that they are out of the "buffer rod mount 11350-rs260" with no ETA / lead time on the new stock.

Should I:
A) cancel order and just wait for it to come in stock again orrr

B) Just get an OEM one for the buffer rod (drivers side mount) and run nismo for the rest? (if the OEM one isn't stupidly expensive)

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Just Called Repco they don't seem to have that mount either...
The annoying thing is that it is the one that looks most munted out of my mounts and i can't seem to find a replacement one

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
i ended up buying the nismo 11350-rs260 buffer rod off of streettuned.com.au.

more expensive than perfectrun.jp but hey they have stock (well at least appeared to have stock)

CMF_Yom2

» CMF Member
Just get some good condition stock mounts, clean them with an acid wash and then fill with Sikaflex 225 if you want a bit firmer than standard or 255 if you want FIRM.

If you fill it properly the sikaflex will be there forever.

Cheaper than buying new mounts anyway. And it works.

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
interesting..you could use teflon against the stock rubber.if you do have destroyed engine stock mounts take the rubber of the mount,keep the outer metal piece and the inner little piece of metal tube as well.now use a piece of teflon take accurate measurements and machine it in order to fit steady in the metal mount.drill it in order to put the little tube at the exact point where it was and then mount it on the engine.a dawn cheap custom mount for track use..although be sure that you know what you are doing,be careful to make it fit perfectly or ask for a 'pro'to do it..at your own risk..you will definetely feel that the engine is more powerful and response,thats for sure..not for road use cause on the road you wont like it..just an idea.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the only mount that shifts under powerdown/re-coil is the rear g/box one imo, (the other 2 only shift up or down, not torsionally) and mine has a rubber insert rammed into the airgap to restrict movement

Attachments

• 80315.jpg
    80315.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
Back