engine mounts

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
Where can i get some cheap engine mounts 95 k11 micra. The cheapest i have found online come to about $190-$200 delivered from

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-reinforced-engine-mounts-kit-k11-56038

Also how difficult are they to change i have access to a press if they need to be pressed off and on.

Could the engine mounts be a clunking squeaky noise which happens when i back off the accelarator at hi revs and when im starting to reverse when taking off.

CMF_D.K.C

» CMF Member
Its probably only the mount at the front of the engine (right hand side of the engine if you're sitting in the drivers seat) that is chewed out. I had the exact same problem, with the squeeking and clunking noises. Feel around that engine mount where the rod goes through the ring-shaped hole in the rubber dampner, and you'll probably be able to feel where the dampner has busted itself out.
Dont know how hard it is to put the new dampners in the old metal component, I just bit the bullet and paid the $250 for a new complete unit (that engine mount is the most expensive one of course) to save myself the hassle.
Hope that helps!

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
i had pedders suspension do a 28 point suspension check for me they came back with all 4 engine mounts are broken. ive had a quick look after i got there report and found the front driver side engine mount broken. the others i havent realy checked i figured the others would be worn aswell cars done 187000km ive had it since 124000kms i doubt theyve ever been changed and would probably go in the near future if they arent already. ill have a good look this weekend see if there all broken or not.

the funny thing is pedders came back with a $3650 bill to fix all the bushes and engine mounts warn on the car. I assume anything that had dirt on it was worn hehehe

CMF_D.K.C

» CMF Member
Price for 4 new mounts from nissan is about $750 (You can order them through Nissan genuine spares or Lander Nissan at Prospect).
Cross your fingers, the other three mounts are probably still allright. I thought that my other three mounts would be stuffed considering the extra stress they'd be under due to that one definitely being broken, but it turned out that they were ok and just replacing the front (drivers side) one fixed my problems.
BTW, replacing that front engine mount is about a 20min job and takes nothing more than a trolley jack and some spanners if your keen on doing it yourself and seeing how it works out.
No matter what ends up being the case, $3650 still seems a bit ridiculous, lol
Good luck with it, hope it doesn't end up costing too much money that could be better off spent on more fun things!

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Daz WROTE:

"Hi Nick/ others,<BR>
My R/H top engine mount is also dying. Do you supply individual mounts or the set? ('96 K11 SLX)<BR>
I'm also looking for fwd sway bar rubbers<BR>
regards, Darren

I stumbled across this recently, poly bushes did not come up anywhere else when I went looking, then found these on ebay, I think they do all the K11 stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280487226703

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
hey guys finally got around to buying the engine mounts and changing them orded them from

www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-reinforced-engine-mounts-kit-k11-56038

they seem to have went in well not too hard but since ive put them in my car seems to shake alot is this normal do they need time to wear in and dampen the vibration of the the engine so i guess what im asking are they curerently too stiff or have i done something wrong?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Lx_Micra WROTE:

they seem to have went in well not too hard but since ive put them in my car seems to shake alot is this normal do they need time to wear in and dampen the vibration of the the engine so i guess what im asking are they curerently too stiff or have i done something wrong?

you,re sure to get a bit more "buzz" throughout the cabin from reinforced rubbers, have you tried levering the mounts across while its running to see if there,s any metal to metal contact ?

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Lx_Micra WROTE:<BR><BR>they seem to have went in well not too hard but since ive put them in my car seems to shake alot is this normal do they need time to wear in and dampen the vibration of the the engine so i guess what im asking are they curerently too stiff or have i done something wrong?"</DIV><BR><BR>you,re sure to get a bit more "buzz" throughout the cabin from reinforced rubbers, have you tried levering the mounts across while its running to see if there,s any metal to metal contact ?

sorry not sure where would i be looking for metal to metal contact?

Also will this buzz go away with time or thats the way the mounts are?

it has stopped the knocking noise and the squecking i used to have backing of the accelerator

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i doubt if they will loosen up at all, but when i changed an engine, the (same) rubbers did,nt line up the same and the metal g/box mount was touching somewhere (if i levered it across the vibration stopped) so i had to add some packing (pics in my msc blog) and that rear g/box one takes most of the stick with the on/off power eh

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
i had to hacksaw out the old ones off and i used a vice to press the new ones in i placed few pieces of metal as i was pressing them in not to place pressure on the rubber casue theres bits that stick out in the middle if you get me.

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
I have rung around for engine mounts myself, I've been quoted for nismo ones for $160 from NizPro on the GC or I've also rung around wreckers if you haven't tried that & Most wreckers I've said are about $20-35 each

Back