Newbie's NATS question

Hi,
Newbie here with a technical question...

I recently repaired my MIL's K12 with the notorious PS fault.
After I changed the PS column with one from a scrapyard I used the accelerator press trick to clear all the alarms and allow the car to start.
The problem I now have is that after the car runs for 5 minutes the NATS light comes on. It doesn't do anything or stop anything from working but I can only clear it by stopping and starting the car and then 5 minutes later it is back on.

Any ideas much appreciated.

i have the same fault on mine after nissan changing the steering column for me their reply was there`s nothing wrong with it it will still drive fine and pass an mot there is a slight fault with the dongle ? on the column but nothing to worry about you could try and send off for another column but best idea to try it
had no problems ever since :)

lol looking at how much you`d have to remove to get the dials out i`d say not worth it
out of interest how did you reprogramme the keys afterwards as nissan said they would have to reprogram both the keys after fitting but messed up on one of them it would save me a trip back if you have a method lol
use a bit of white insulation tape if the light bothers you though :)

I have just had this problem. I removed the NATS fuse to check if it was that. It was ok but when I replaced it the system must have reset its self and the light does not come on now after 5 minutes. (Y)

thats odd when i had my battery disconnected fitting a set of hid lights the light hasn`t come on since maybe mine`s done the same thing and reset itself
whilst i`m here does anyone have a method of recoding keys without going to dealership one of mine`s never worked since the repair battery`s fine though

Hi,
Newbie here with a technical question...

I recently repaired my MIL's K12 with the notorious PS fault.
After I changed the PS column with one from a scrapyard I used the accelerator press trick to clear all the alarms and allow the car to start.
The problem I now have is that after the car runs for 5 minutes the NATS light comes on. It doesn't do anything or stop anything from working but I can only clear it by stopping and starting the car and then 5 minutes later it is back on.

Any ideas much appreciated.
Hi br0ke,
Just one question what is the accelerator press trick?

Back