Newbie with questions

Hi all,

Nice to find a enthusiasts website for my new buy :laugh:

Just picked up my new (old) car. 2004 Micra 1.4 SX 5 door.

Very happy with it. Handles well and seems to be well built.

Just a couple of questions.

1) Keyless entry door handle buttons.
The two switches on drivers and passenger doors have me masacred at some point. There is the hole but looks like sombodys had a right good go at them. Inside the hole is all mangled, not much left of them.
Thankfully you dont need them. Just unlock manualy with button on fob.
But can i replace the handles/buttons? Is it just a case of buying and switching for new or is there lots of coding/electrikery?!

2) Aeriel.
Though it was odd i was getting no reception. The aeriels being held on with glue, seems to have snapped at the base of the aeriel, so need the whole thing not just the screw in part.
Took interior light out to see if i could see base of unit but couldnt. Does that mean head lining needs to come off? Sounds like a big job :down:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!!
Graham

media

with the central locking it should literally be new switches as they are usually not coded or anything etc....

and with the aierial that usually is just uabove the interior light, just pop off the lense bit and then a few screws and the unit will come off.... then one small nut and the aireal unit will come fully out andif i remember rightly most aierials of the same style will be a fit........ then the antenna cabel is literally a plate under it which picks up the signal through the nut.... hope this helps

You have to drop the lining at the front to get at the areal on a K12 it's not accessable through the interior light & not difficult.

Back