Newb to anything ice

Allan

Ex. Club Member
I have been interested in changing the sound system in my car for a while but the most i have ever done is put a CD player in :D.

I was quite fond of my boot space until some careless driver rearranged it for me a month or 2 back, now i have nice sort of v-shape where my spare tyre used to be. Never took insurance details either...

I don't know what i need and i don't know what it will cost either. Can anyone tell me what i need for a very basic setup and how to go about it?

Allan

depends more on how much you want to spend you can get a good sounding system for £500 but recommend about £1000 but if you just want higher qualty speakers £200 maybe...

Really? I thought there be something more along the basic line at a bit cheaper.

I don't really know what you need though and i spose it all adds up.

All sorts of music mate, from trance to hip-hop.

I don't have a budget as such yet, waiting to see what extra cash christmas brings in. Just looking for the most basic setup. CD is fine aswell, doesn't have to be MP3. I have a JVC CD player in the car just now, will dig out a link to it asap.

The 2nd link looks along the kind of price line i was thinking, doesn't have to be the greatest system, just better than my factory speakers! :)

ahhhhhhh 6x9s and a sub !!! i wonder how many poor people have brought that and put them both in the same airspace ! ( sorry 6x9's are my pet hate along with Sony Xplod )

good kit for the money though .

if you buy that box the 6x9s in so they have there own airspace as the displacement on the sub underneath them will make them make a nice destorted kind of sound , of better still use them to make a fire.

--------------------------------------------

Cheers Timbo

K10 1.0 Super ! 0-60 about half an hour!
Kenwood HU
Pioneer Sub
Alpine Components
And 2 of the worlds cheapest mutent amps (sounds good though!)

That product posted above is no longer available by the looks of things.....

Firstly, what is your budget, and what CD player (exact model needed) do you currently have?

:)

go on ebay they have lots of cheap subs etc,they also have different shops on there were you can get them from,I got my 12inch 800w subs on there for about 40-50quid and there pyle.

You dont need to buy it all at the same time, i've only got my headunit at the moment, i'm just buying the parts as and when I have the money, this way your not spending a huge chunk on it, and dont notice the missing money as much. I'm getting a decent sub/amp and sub box off my dads mate, for £30 sometime soon hopefully, then I'll get some £50/60 speakers. You dont need to spend too much, like cawkwell said - look on ebay, or as around your friends who are getting new cars etc.

they may not be as popular as all the others but they kick out some bass and sound just as good and they were cheap so im not complaining.

Back