• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Newb

hi all, I've searched high and low for the newb section for introducing your self's etc etc and couldn't find it so this will have to do. also it would be rude not to join and introduce myself after all the tips i have stolen form this site :)

im tom and bought my 1995 k11 1.0 16v lx 5 door micra 4 years ago as i needed a run about as i had wrote off my beloved honda civic em1 coupe due to a silly road rage incident (enough said about that) that i was still paying off.

It belonged to my mates mum and it had been passed around a few of the lads for £50 till i got my hands on it, by this time it had 95k on the clock. my mate wanted 40 notes for it as it had no mot or tax and been stood 6 month (needed no plate lamp and one brake lamp) 4 years later i still have the little car and i must admit got a bit of a soft spot for it. so 30k later i decided to treat her to a newer engine (1.3 70k for £75) as mine was starting to fire out blue smoke on start up and was starting to idle roughly and almost stall etc.....

so in went the newer engine, supposedly a great runner etc etc so took her out and it felt slow sluggish and then eventually started miss firing. so as you do i started searching the net and came across this amazing site. so i stripped off the injector rail and throttle body along with the distributor, as these are where the common faults lie with these according to your information on the site.

so on inspection of the fuel rail i could see where the fuel comes through was filthy in comparison to the one off my old engine, also the water pipe that runs through the back of the TB was completely solid with rust, and the dizzy cap itself had seen better days. so i replaced all of the above off my my 125k engine along with cleaning some of the oil breather pipes which i could only describe as half a lawn stuck in them. i also did the school boy error of not marking the dizzy before taking it out of the engine, as i didn't realize the positions mattered until i did a bit more reading on here.

i took the old TB re-soldered the dodgy joints behind the plate on the air flow sensor and re sealed and put my 02 sensor in a can of coke for the night to clean.

so this morning at 7:30 i started to put my car back together piece by piece, i mounted the fuel rail, put on my re-con TB and inserted the dizzy off my old car which had been a recon only 2 years ago. luckily the old one had never been taken off so i got away with matching the new one up to where the oxidization started. i primed my engine a few times to get fuel back in to the fuel rail and on first turn over to my astonishment she fired in to life sounding perfect, i slowly altered the dizzy while she was running and picked up the idle a little.

went out on abit off a run and the difference was unbelievable to when the engine first went in. (good runner my arse)
i now have a JDM 98spec honda integra type r, but i gota say i've fallen in love with my little k11, as much of a beat up little car she is she always makes me smile when i drive her. oh I've also treated her to the CDA induction kit of my old honda as the 70mm pipe fits perfectly on the TB and during removal of the old engine the back box snapped off so she sounds real sweet now, especially as i can get her to pop :) hopefully get some pics of the old girl up later.

just want to say a massive thanks to the guys that put all the info on, the same names always crop up in the topics and problem pages and i wana say you've done a great job. many thanks as i doubt i'd of been able to do my work without this. got lots of respect for you guys.

hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me on here many thanks again

Tom

Back