Locator 'spigot' rings

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
hi, i brought some of these for my wheels but they dont fit (turns out gay ebay shops are a bad idea! - another waste of ten quid)

so ive ordered some from wolfrace now (no more peeing about)

but currently im using my alloys without them, the car dont wobble or anything but it wouldnt be putting too much pressure on the studs will it?

thanks

i wouldnt waste your money on them, the wheel is centered to the wheel hub by the wheel nuts, and a little ring of plastic wont stop or do anything

as long as you tighten the wheel nuts up in the right order you wont have a problem

They are to aid fitment, they are not load holding. You will be fine without provided you fit tighten in the correct sequence. I am not sure what is the bottom line on the requirments of this however.

Ed said:
They are to aid fitment, they are not load holding. You will be fine without provided you fit tighten in the correct sequence. I am not sure what is the bottom line on the requirments of this however.

Ah, ok, Apologies Fordy, and rlees I was wrong :)

Thanks Ed, never knew that.

So they just make sure the wheel is in centre of the hub? Also, what is the correct sequence?

diagonaly usually. in any case i usually wobble the wheels as i do the nuts up to allow them to move about and center better. I have never had an issue and my alloys dont have these rings.

Ed said:
diagonaly usually. in any case i usually wobble the wheels as i do the nuts up to allow them to move about and center better. I have never had an issue and my alloys dont have these rings.

are you using aftermarket alloys or nissan (or wheels especially made for nissan) alloys?

i heard about peoples studs snapping and all sorts so ive got some ordered just in case. hopefully nothing will snap between now n whenever they arrive tho :)

thanks for the replies!

i did what ED said when i had aftermarket alloys on ..i had spiggot rings but i lost them when i did the engine swap so i just didnt bother getting anymore

you wont have any probs without them

ah see i had the opposite experiance. had some alloys from a vw and the centre bore was too big. used to shake my steering a lot like a wheel wasnt balanced but it stopped when i got some spiggot rings.

lol im just driving it with brown pants atm, no ragging it and no harsh breaking, i really dont want to loose any studs! im gna ring wolfrace tmr and if my order isnt gna b here by tuesday im gna whack it on steelies!

59 bhp is more than enough said:
ah see i had the opposite experiance. had some alloys from a vw and the centre bore was too big. used to shake my steering a lot like a wheel wasnt balanced but it stopped when i got some spiggot rings.

Probably because you didn't put the wheels on properly.o_O

Using spacers to move the wheels out to increase the track width is more dangerous than running without locator ring thingos (for more reasons than just putting more strain on the nut studs!).

Back