what size spigot rings?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hey all, I have some 14 inch alloys, that I took off my 1998 honda civic. The size of the tyres is 185/60 R14. I just need to know, do I need spigot rings to be safe? As the bore size on a civic is around 56, and the micra's is 59.1. Please can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance. .

Ryan

Since the bore is SMALLER you'll need to mill the centre bore to fit the hub or run spacers (3mm?) to clear it.

Can't afford that yet mate, spacers are only about £15, and I used spacers on my other k11, when I had 14 inch honda crx alloys on, and I had no problems. Will I be ok with spacers again then?

Can't afford that yet mate, spacers are only about £15, and I used spacers on my other k11, when I had 14 inch honda crx alloys on, and I had no problems. Will I be ok with spacers again then?

Sure, but you'll need alloy wheel nuts to centralise the wheel since the centre bore wont.

Thanks mate, I would've, but lack of funds prohibits me!!! I bought some 3mm spacers, which were too short, I need 6mm for each alloy. I'm not gonna bother buying anymore spacers now, because somebody on here is hopefully having the alloys off me this week. But thanks for the suggestion mate.

3mm were to thin mate, I need 6mm per alloy, as when I put the 3mm's on, they were moving about. But when I put 2 on, it was a snug fit. But I think I would have to get extra long hub studs, but not sure. I'm hopefully selling the alloys this week though, so I might just buy some alloys off fleabay, or gumtree. I've heard that old vauxhall corsa alloys, are a direct fit.

Since the bore is SMALLER you'll need to mill the centre bore to fit the hub or run spacers (3mm?) to clear it.

3mm were to thin mate, I need 6mm per alloy, as when I put the 3mm's on, they were moving about. But when I put 2 on, it was a snug fit. But I think I would have to get extra long hub studs, but not sure. I'm hopefully selling the alloys this week though, so I might just buy some alloys off fleabay, or gumtree. I've heard that old vauxhall corsa alloys, are a direct fit.

Back