New Steerling Wheel

Krish

Club Member (Trial)
Hello All,

I am new the these forums, and i just thought i would ask a little question.
I own a K11 W Reg (Celebration) and was just wondering how hard would it be to change the steering wheel? Some tips on changing it out, and even if its worth it would be great help, for a little noob like me :wasntme:

Hope i get to know you all soon.

Krish (Y)

Hello All,

I am new the these forums, and i just thought i would ask a little question.
I own a K11 W Reg (Celebration) and was just wondering how hard would it be to change the steering wheel? Some tips on changing it out, and even if its worth it would be great help, for a little noob like me :wasntme:

Hope i get to know you all soon.

Krish (Y)

does it have an air bag?

if not then you just pull the centre out, get a 19mm (i think) socket and undo the nut in the middle making sure the wheel is straight before you take it off. then wiggle it to get it off the spline, and slide on the new boss for your new wheel. put the nut back on, bolt on the wheel and you are good to go, i have done it in under 5 min

I did a step by step instruction on the forum somewhere using a Haynes Manual, I do believe it'll be harder than Nex's intruction. For example you would need a star allen key with a drilled out centre hole as the bolts are tamper proof type (If I remember correctly.). You will still need a boss kit, and make sure you disconnect the + battery lead & the appopriate fuse before commencing anything as I don't think you want airbag in the face.

I did a step by step instruction on the forum somewhere using a Haynes Manual, I do believe it'll be harder than Nex's intruction. For example you would need a star allen key with a drilled out centre hole as the bolts are tamper proof type (If I remember correctly.). You will still need a boss kit, and make sure you disconnect the + battery lead & the appopriate fuse before commencing anything as I don't think you want airbag in the face.

thats only if he has an air bag, without an airbag its really easy

W reg prob will.
Mines R and it does.

Though I've seen plenty of micras with new steering wheels. I quite like my standard one though.. maybe that's cuz i come from driving a renault 5 haha. that really is a no frills car.

^ Don't diss the renault 5 man.

Those are awesome cars. My dad just sold ours, and I wish I bought it off him, but oh well. You can only get upgrades for the alpine and GT versions really though.

W reg prob will.
Mines R and it does.

Though I've seen plenty of micras with new steering wheels. I quite like my standard one though.. maybe that's cuz i come from driving a renault 5 haha. that really is a no frills car.

i have a stock 4 spoke wheel in black from a primera, looks like the micra ones but has thumb grips too. only thing is where the air bag was i now have a TV screen ;) lol

I do have a airbag, sorry should of mentioned that.
So obviously that makes things harder, i cant seem to find that thread about taking off the steerling wheel, anychance you could put the link up, pleaseeeee :grinning:

I do have a airbag, sorry should of mentioned that.
So obviously that makes things harder, i cant seem to find that thread about taking off the steerling wheel, anychance you could put the link up, pleaseeeee :grinning:

it will probably be a guide which you need to be a paid member to see.

you will need a torx bit to undo the airbag. first of all disconect the battery and have a cup of tea. when that is done you need to pull of the 3 plastic flaps that are on the edges of the wheel. behind the ones on the sides you will see the kind of bit you will need to remove the bag. find one of those from halfords or something. on the bottom one you will see the plugs for the air bag and the horn. unplug them then start unbolting the airbag. once the airbag is undone and removed you will have to straighten the wheels perfectly and then start undoing the big nut in the middle to remove the steering wheel. LOTS of wiggling later you will have that removed.

the difficult big will be making the horn work, you can either put that on a seperate switch or try and make a spring loaded contact to make contact with the boss.

Ok Thanks Guys, Seems Like Quite Abit Of Work And Still Not Sure If I Really Think Its Worth It. Will Defiantly Make Me Wanna Drive Faster With A Racing Wheel On LoL.

Ok Thanks Guys, Seems Like Quite Abit Of Work And Still Not Sure If I Really Think Its Worth It. Will Defiantly Make Me Wanna Drive Faster With A Racing Wheel On LoL.

race wheels will add about 25bhp ;)

Back