K12 Micra seats and steering wheel

Hello to all since im the new proud owner of a K12 2005 and been owning it for 3 months now and i like it a lot im making some upgrades and repairs to the car as i keep my cars for atleast 5 years. Before the Micra i had a Punto MK2 and made alot of upgrades over the years and of last year it retired with my mom and i got myself a Micra as a new sort of a project for a long run... So i was reserching this forum for a while now and found alot of answers but i cant find anywhere a few that i would like to find.

The first is that the steering wheel as in alot of Micras i see is peeling and falling apart...i dont particularly like the micras steering wheel so i was searching if the steering wheel from perhaps a K13 or even better K14 Micra would fit bolt on and airbag clip or im stuck with this one and i will just re-wrap it...

The second thing is the seats, they are fine for long and short drives but the look of them is just a no for me... so the same question do the (atleast front) seats from a newer model or a different brand (seen some posts about Renault Clio seats) fit bolt on ?

Like i said i owned MK2 Punto witch had interchangeability with other models (Ex. Alfa 147 seats fitted bolt on same as the steering wheel)

PS : Sorry for any spelling mistakes english is not my first language
Thanks !

hi Nuki
Because of things like air bags in the steering wheel and seats you are a bit restricted on direct swaps. If you are happy to not have the airbag then an aftermarket wheel from Momo or similar will fit with the right adapter. Personally I'd buy a piece of nice leather and stitch it on to the old wheel, but I like to have the stereo controls.

Seats are a similar issue, anything can be made to fit but there isn't a direct swap as such. I am waiting till I see an old friend who is an auto upholsterer to ask about recovering the seats and making a few changes to the shape. there are a few seat covers on ebay that claim to be specific to the micra but I'm not willing to part with the cash to find out.

Hello to all since I'm the new proud owner of a K12 2005 and have been owning it for 3 months now and I like it a lot. I'm making some upgrades and repairs to the car as I keep my car for at least 5 years. Before the Micra i had a Punto MK2 and made a lot of upgrades over the years and last year it retired with my mom and i got myself a Micra as a new sort of a project for a long run... So I was researching this forum for a while now and found a lot of answers but I can't find anywhere that I would like to find.

The first is that the steering wheel, as in a lot of Micra's I see , is peeling and falling apart... I don't particularly like the Micra's steering wheel so I was searching if the steering wheel from perhaps a K13 or even better K14 Micra would fit a bolt on an airbag clip or I'm stuck with this one and I will just re-wrap it...

The second thing is the seats, they are fine for long and short drives but the look of them is just a no for me... so the same question: do the (at least front) seats from a newer model or a different brand (seen some posts about Renault Clio seats) fit bolt on?

Like I said, I owned an MK2 Punto which had interchangeability with other models (Ex. Alfa 147 seats fitted bolt on same as the steering wheel)

PS : Sorry for any spelling mistakes. English is not my first language
Thanks!
Don't worry about spelling errors.
I use spell check of Gmail to correct my Finglish spelling to English.
Sometimes there is a lots of red wavy line under many words...!;)

hi Nuki
Because of things like air bags in the steering wheel and seats you are a bit restricted on direct swaps. If you are happy to not have the airbag then an aftermarket wheel from Momo or similar will fit with the right adapter. Personally I'd buy a piece of nice leather and stitch it on to the old wheel, but I like to have the stereo controls.

Seats are a similar issue, anything can be made to fit but there isn't a direct swap as such. I am waiting till I see an old friend who is an auto upholsterer to ask about recovering the seats and making a few changes to the shape. there are a few seat covers on ebay that claim to be specific to the micra but I'm not willing to part with the cash to find out.
Thank you for the response thats what i was afraid of unfortunately... As you suggested the aftermarket steering wheels its too much for me as its just a Micra and that kind of steering wheels make a car look like a sport beast (At least for me) and i dont like that but i still like to have it looking nice and as you said i too have radio controls on it so then a professional wrap will suffice me (100 Euros in my country)

And for the seats if there is no easy solution theres also in my country special shops that make custom full leather over the original and it looks like stock and very nice so that will be my last option if theres no other acceptable options

Thank you novocaine !

Don't worry about spelling errors.
I use spell check of Gmail to correct my Finglish spelling to English.
Sometimes there is a lots of red wavy line under many words...!;)
Haha the thing is i know people will understand me but i make mistakes here and there so i just put it out there :D

Back