good door speakers?

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Can any one recommend some good door speakers that will kick out a good punch?

I currently have std door speaker, kenwood 6x9's, Amp and sub however with the removal of my rear seats i want to completely strip out the rear and have no audio in the back which means bye bye sub, amp and 6x9's.

does any one have any recommendations? also should i run the door speakers off the HU (4 channel 45W) or off a smaller AMP (say situated under a seat)?

Do you want them to fit in standard locations? As unfortunately there is only 54mm of depth to play with, which limits the choices somewhat and usually up's the price a bit!!!

I have some Infinity Reference 6500cs 16.5cm speakers in my standard doorcards/tweeter holes. To solve the lack of depth in the doorcard I used a spacer, looks standard but certainly doesn't sound it :)

I'd also like to know how thick the spacer is. I've just got some JBL components with a mounting depth of 61mm. On Auto Acoustics site, you can make your own spacers. Problem is, there is a choice of 6mm or 9mm.

54mm + 6mm + Dynamat Xtreme => seems to equal more that 61mm??

Or can I get 9mm spacer to be on the safe side?

How much space is there between the inside of my plastic grille (big one with cup holder bits) and the speaker? I really don't want to mod the factory grille!

So many questions...

Jonny

When I fitted out my old K11 I spaced out the speaker/grill on some spacers (home made out of 5mm thick perspex sheet) that allowed bigger magnet depth in the door:wasntme: it used to be JBL that gave you the most bang for your buck (in the days I used to help with sound off cars) its most likley changed by now.
Good look anyhow :grinning:

Yorkie

James speakers are only a few mm thicker than the doors so they have 4mm spacer. You should always look for speakers with meodymium magnet's as these are small magnets and will allow you to fit speaker with no spacers.

Depending on people's budget you should look at the infinites, kenwoods, rainbows, focal slims. Personally i would go for the Rainbow speakers if you had the budget.

Mike

Back