new seats

O

ohc_turbo

i had a set of 180sx cloth seats in the garage, thought i might put them in the k10 to give it a more sporty look, they match the interior aswell so it keeps it in theme with the base Micra greay interior, heres a pic.

20-micranewsats.jpg

also has a 200sx steering wheel in the boot of my other car, i was a bit dubious about putting it on as its grey, but where am i going to find a grey sporty nissan OE steering wheel, thought of a blubird turbo wheel but remembered that its brown

3-micradash.jpg

Resized by James: PLEASE resize to 800x600 in future.

Are the seats a direct replacement? no messing around with the subframes or anything? Steering wheel looks good too!

the seats were a pain in the bum, ive ran out of mig wire so i couldnt easily saw/grind the k10 brackets and weld them onto the 180sx subframes, its only the rear mounts which have to be modded, front ones fit onto the existing mounts.

it took a bit of getting use to as they sit much lower down and it would help if a micra came with a adjustable hight steering rack - did one ever come with this?

also looking out for a pre facelift GSX for its digital clock, does anyone know for certan that the digital clock came in the grey colour or were they Black for super S and brown for pre facelift GSX. im trying to keep the theme of grey/red inside the car you see

i like the look of them seats, bet they are more comfitable than the originals.

ohc_turbo: i have a digital clock from a prefacelift in my garage if your interested, it has the grey surround.

where abouts do you live in essex, i would like a clock in the car, how much do you want for it?

i can get one but i dont know what nick its in, when youre back from uni give me a shout i dont live too far away from colchester

we will sort somethink out then

by the when are you back, month, few weeks?

i live right near Romford, give me a shout when youre back

yer the handbrake does go up a bit but it still bites good near the top, most probably the drum brake shoes need changing, one of the jobs i havent got round to doing yet, also i need the rubber part that goes over the passenger side drivers handle

Just as a point of interest, pre-facelift GSX had an analogue clock in the dash in place of the rev counter.

yer i know but hopefully when they arrive? im getting super s clocks with a rev clock where the analouge clock is, dont really need a clock as the headunit has it on it but it fill a gap and looks retro

Matt, are you back from uni yet, i can pick up the digi clock whenever you say mate

i'm not back yet, i haven't forgoten. I'm hoping i will be back some time around the 12th Dec if all goes well with my course work. i will contact you when i have a confirmed date.

hi matt, if you read this first i sent you a e-mail no your hotmail address re the clock

cheers mate

F.A.O matt - we might have to sort it out after crimbo unless you want me to come round tonight, ill e-mail you my mobile number if youre free mate give me a call, ill be in work till 5 if you wan to mail me

I lowered my steering colum. doesn't look good but it's 100 times more comfortable than the stock postion. I have 240sx seats in my Micra. (same seats as yours just the american model). I made a spacer to go between the two bolts that mount the steering colum and used longer bolts....4 inches lower. I did a ton of modifacations to my floor to make the seats fit...hammer, grinder, welder and lots of cutting and hammering and such

Back