two back seats?

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
hey, i was sitting in the back of my micra the other day ripping my interior out when i had an idea, i'm pretty tall and so are my m8s, so i rarely manage to get 3 people in the back, so rather than wasting this bit of space in the middle which is never used i'm going to take the back seats out and replace then with just 2, leaving space in the middle were i could stick a sub or something, just wonderd if theres an easy way of doing this? could i just take a pair of front seats and stick em in the back?

I don't think the front seats would fit...certainly not with the head rests intact, due to the back of the car being raised a lot higher than where the front seats are. You would have to custom make some subframes for the back seats you are installing too. Then there would be issues with seat belts I would have thought. Erm...bass travels through just about anything anyway so there would be very little technical advantage to having a sub there. But I do like the fact that you are thinking out side the box. Not really sure what to recommend.

i no i wont really gain a large amount of space but if i can manage enough room to get a sub in then it'll be worth it for tha extra boot space, plus the way i picture it i think it could look dam good :wasntme:

I would remove your rear seats, unbolt one of your front seats, stick it in the back roughly to see if it will fit ok, if it does then you can go about making a custom sub frame for your two back seats. Then just go and pick up a couple of front seats from a breakers yard. To be honest though, the gap between the two front seats is kinda small and I don't know if you could fit a sub in between them or not.

hmm worth ago, i could just saw i chunk out the back seats o_O or mayb i could find a way to mount the sub into the back rest of the seats. hmm i'll have a try and if it comes to nothing then it dont really matter worth a try.

there is no way u will get buckets seats in the back of a k10. i tried a front seat in the back once with no sub frame on and my head was squashed right in to the roof!

Back