New seats?

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Is it safe and MOT passable if I fitted different car seats to the anywhere but the existing holes?

I know people fit new seats to existing frames but if that isn't easy or possible can I fit to the car on current frames?

Also, if I get seats from a 5dr car this means they won't be reclining, anyone every made non-reclining into reclining on any seats?

goldstar0011 said:
Is it safe and MOT passable if I fitted different car seats to the anywhere but the existing holes?

I know people fit new seats to existing frames but if that isn't easy or possible can I fit to the car on current frames?

Also, if I get seats from a 5dr car this means they won't be reclining, anyone every made non-reclining into reclining on any seats?

yes its safe...you can get universal subframes that you have to drill the floor to fit...im guessing you would be doing summat like that

i would try use the holes that are in allready though.

make a new frame from scratch.thats what i have done with all my seats

I was gonna try using frames that come with the seats.

My first plan is to try using the spare frames I have as it'll make seat positioning a lot easier.

Any pics of your new frames? Good idea that is

goldstar0011 said:
Any pics of your new frames? Good idea that is

i can get some if you want..but the seats i fitted are bucket seats with flat ansd straight rails at 90 degree..standard seats are usually curved and wot not..so would make it harder for you

these are some pics i took today...you cant see much,but you get the idea

Attachments

• Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Photo-0010.jpg
    Photo-0010.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo-0011.jpg
    Photo-0011.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 195
Cheers for that

Didn't wanna mention what I was gonna use till I was almost sure they'd be mine but here they are

Bargain I'd say, local too, can sell on rear for couple of quid.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
rik have you tried putting a triangle of metal plate where the corner is to add strenght. sort of a "webbing" kind of thing

could do...it would add more strenght (and weight!) ,but they are strong enuff

i wouldnt fit them if they wasnt safe

Back