hottest micra hits the streets

M

Monkey_Custard

go this of the autoexpress site.for those who havent seen it yet here it is

car_portal_pic_19263.jpg

The cuddly Nissan Micra has gone all butch! This is the new SR - short for Street Racer - and it's the hottest-ever version of the Japanese supermini.

Nissan says the 108bhp hot hatch will see off rivals such as the C2 VTR and Fiesta Zetec S thanks to its 1.6-litre engine and sub-10-second 0-60mph time. The Citroen and Ford stop the clock at 10.9 and 9.9 seconds respectively.

Suspension modifications should ensure it handles better than the standard model, too. Visual changes are minimal, but distinctive graphite-finished
Click here to find out more!
alloys, a revised front bumper, extended side sills and a body-coloured rear spoiler identify the newcomer. A spokesman said: "This might sound mild, but the car looks like it's had a testosterone injection."

More supportive seats, aluminium pedals and white dials give the cabin a sporty feel, while standard kit includes rain-sensing wipers, air-con and a six-speaker stereo. Prices have yet to be announced but the new model - badged 160SR - will undercut the £10,780 MINI One when it arrives this summer.

car_portal_pic_19264.jpg

That's going to improve the Micra's popularity significantly. Within weeks there'll be thousands of bits of tat to stick on K12's :p

I can see that selling very well, about time Nissan brought out a proper sports model, will be interesting to see the reviews it gets

starting at 11 grand i think its overpriced, who will want to spend 11/12 thousand pounds on a micra. think what else you could buy for the money! second hand maybe but i dont see them selling too well really. but who knows

Are you sure its a 1.6, cos I thought that the japan SR which im sure is a 1.2 has 107bhp so I would have thought that a 1.6 would have more than that. But maybe I got the wrong end of the stick I don't know.

yes the japan 1.2 sr has 107bhp. not sure how much it costs though. would expect the new 1.6 to have a load more torque, and i dont think it would be any heavier than than the 1.2 as its a new lightweight design engine HR series. if this uk model is similarly priced to equivilent pug/cit/ford models then i expect it to take off. i expect the engine tuning has lots of potential aswell.

RE: RE: hottest micra hits the streets

Davey C said:
who will want to spend 11/12 thousand pounds on a micra. think what else you could buy for the money!
How about a 130bhp Fabia vRS for £12.4K? At least they haven't OD'd on butching it up, that'd've just looked completely wrong against the K12's 'chic' styling.

This is an artical from the WhatCar website
Sporty Micra arrives in summer

Nissan will launch a sporty version of its Micra supermini this summer, priced from arround £10,500.

The micra 160 SR, or street racer is powerd by a 108bhp 1.6-litre engine. The car's weight has been reduced to 1017Kg, which should allow it to hit 60mph from rest in less that 10 seconds.

It is distinguished from other Micra models by its chunky bodykit, 'smoked' headlamps and 16-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels. There are sports seats, white dials and aluminium pedals, as well as the air-con and keyless-entry system found in the standard car.

Nissan also promises a reworked chassis for improved handling and meatier steering with more feedback.

I went into the local nissan dealer and they said that it will be released in spetember.

could save a lot more weight by putting sporty smaller alloy wheels on it rather than max power 16" wheels. they have put more effort into looks than performace. pointless for me but makes marketing sence i guess.
13" x6" alloys with some nice 195/45/13 dunlop sport tyres would be fine on a 108bhp light k12 micra. gives the option of having it a lot lower aswell if modifying the suspension.
small is best.

You but to keep your speedo reading an accurate speed you need to keep the same overall wheel size. So you would have to go for a tyre that would compensate. Also smaller wheels = faster accelaration great yes, but your top speed is reduced, not that anyone here would go above 70mph....

Before you say it I know speedos are not very accurate in the first place as most read about 4 to 6 mph faster than you are realy going eg when the speedo reads 30mph you could be going 26mph.

a replacement adjusted speedo insert should be quite easy to put in? and for myself i would rather have the shorter ratios than speeds over 100mph. i expect 5th would be quite high anyway and wouldnt be screaming at 80mph cruise.

the 107bhp 1.2 SR in japan costs £7,822. so £10,500 is quite a lot comapred to this. but uk market is more expensive.
if i had the money and wanted a 1.6 k12 i would just buy a used 1.0 E 3 door k12 for 4.5k and drop in a salvaged 1.6. i would want to get coilover suspension anyway for the car so that would be uprated. also this way i would not be paying for fancy extras i would strip off anyway.

Beachboy said:
the 107bhp 1.2 SR in japan costs £7,822. so £10,500 is quite a lot comapred to this. but uk market is more expensive.
if i had the money and wanted a 1.6 k12 i would just buy a used 1.0 E 3 door k12 for 4.5k and drop in a salvaged 1.6. i would want to get coilover suspension anyway for the car so that would be uprated.

I wonder if the re-worked chasis will make much of a difference, which will be part of the cost increase over the Jap SR. It also sounds like they are masing the rest of the car round the SX model which costs (or did when I bought mine) £9995 so its not all that much more realy.

Or am I just making up excuses to justify ordering one? :laugh:

hottest version of the japenese supermini to date?

I dont think so. not the hottst micra.......but the hottest k12

what micra is hotter? no k11 or k10 micra are this quick. there is the march st but thats not a micra, but the st would be rightly hotter in terms of speed even though its the same power output, unless the SR gets a beachboy stripout that is. then that 1.6 high torque unit would give the st something to think about.

How much does the ST weigh, when standard then? If this new one is 1017Kg to start with I wonder if just removing the seats and the spair wheel would mannage to get it down to the same.

not just seats and spare wheel. all non essential bits is a good strip down. all electric gizmos aswell. air con/ power windows and locks etc. all trim, radio etc. would still be heavier maybe than st but the torque would make up for it.

its 770kgs kerb for the MICRA K10 ST 110ps with 13.3 kgm
and 870kgs for the MICRA k12 1.2SR 108ps with 13.7kgm.
in real driving conditions the k12 would beat the ST by completely outhandling it in all areas. so i would say the 1.2 SR is the hottest micra to date unless you count the brand new complete car you can buy from impul the march impul compressor version 1.4 k12 127ps.

According to parkers, I think the standard k12 (doesn't state what engine) weighs in at 975 kg. That sound about right?

March ST stock specs 0-60 7.7 1/4 mile 15.5. 770KG kerb weight. Its very nice to see a K12 with more than 100bhp and a larger engine. It can only be a good thing.

I would love to do it but it would be safe/practical. It wouldn't be save for me as we have mice in our garage and shed so I wouldn't have any seats to put back in the car when I want to sell it.

Beachboy said:
and then if a burgler ate the cats you could be sued.

The justice system in this country is going the way the american one has.

I think you should be able to do whatever you want to a burgler that you catch in your house, be it chopping him up with a chainsaw to letting the gimp out (mind you I don't have either of them)

indeed yes.
continuing on, interested to know if you are considering upgrading to a 1.6 k12, is it on your mind?

vikster said:
is it only me but i cant see it or find it...

You are probibly looking at the wrong page, you need to goto the first page and there are some photos at the top

Beachboy said:
indeed yes.
continuing on, interested to know if you are considering upgrading to a 1.6 k12, is it on your mind?

Yeah its on my mind, I was going to save up and get something like a honda civic type R or an impretza but when I am driving about 350 miles a week I think that it might be better to gofor something less thirsty for petrol and I realy like my K12, but its 1.2 is too slow. So a 1.6 sounds quite good. I was going to look into putting a 182 engine in but thats not something I have the time to do myself and don't have the finances to get a garage to do it. Plus its bought on finance so I think they might object to such heavy modifications as on paper its still their car.

The next car I get I will get a proper loan as having to worry about not doing too many miles a year and not being able to modify it how I want to is quite annoying.

if I got an cooper S works my insurance would be £1245 or somthing so I think I will be able to afford a 1.6 micra. I hope....

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=1688

should take you to the first page of this threat, if you can't see any pics im not sure whats going on.

Back