New Micra Owner !!!

Hi, I have just bought my first car, a K11 Micra 'N' Regd Yay!! I am only learning to drive and know nothing about cars..lol. I live in Coventry and am 17 years old.
Dad has fixed most things but need a rear brake light the one that sits in the back screen and radio code if possible, also cuts out when warm intermittently!! can anybody point me in the right direction.

welcome to the site we have our resident clever man frank :) and everyone will help you out here! good luck with test and theory as i was only there this time last year

Hi Frank..Yes it does start straight away again but then hesitates on accelerator pedal, I bought it from someone who hadn't used it since end of November 2010. My dad has also removed stereo to get serial number and it is BP6340T3203930 dont know if I am supposed to post that here..lol
Thanks..

the cutout and hesitation could be coolant sensor fault stacey ? or maybe the throttlebody resoldering fault ? (there are plenty of threads on both problems :grinning:)

the cutout and hesitation could be coolant sensor fault stacey ? or maybe the throttlebody resoldering fault ? (there are plenty of threads on both problems :grinning:)

and worth checking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,????????????? the ignition switch also

The airfilter is pretty clean but the is a little piece if foam that is rectangle that is slotted underneath the air filter and that is really dirty? is that what you mean?

hi and welcome, i'm just in hinckley myself. i used to live in longford. the nice part :laugh:

i would say resolder the throttle body then see how it goes. pics too mate (Y)

I think aswearing might be referring to the Mass Airflow Sensor (or MAF), if this is faulty it can cause some pretty bad problems such as cutting out, although the throttle body could be another culprit!

I think aswearing might be referring to the Mass Airflow Sensor (or MAF), if this is faulty it can cause some pretty bad problems such as cutting out, although the throttle body could be another culprit!

i always thought the coil pack engines suffered maf problems and if the car was pre 2000 then it was resolder jobbie ?

Hello and Welcome to the club, can't help with most of the questions but get yourself down to the scrapyard for a 3rd brake light or you can buy Universal 3rd brake lights from Halfrauds or other Motor Factors.

Back