New K11 owner

Hi,

I just bought a 95 K11 1.0 5dr from a friend, basicaly I already have a '95 Jaguar XJ6 which isn't too bad on fuel but as I work 50 miles away from where I live and figured out the Micra costs at least a tenner less a day to drive (I actually though the petrol gauage was busted as it didn't seem to be going down!) I decided to buy it to use as my main commuting car. It's got around 57k on the clock, a lot of dents, 3 hubcaps and needs some TCL but seems to be lacking in rust which is good. Only real issue is the lack of power steering but I'm getting used to it.

After inital reservations I actually quite like it, for it's simplicity if nothing else. I'm sure parts are a little cheaper than the Jag as well.

EDIT: Thought you might like a picture
SSA40974_800.jpg

Having discovered a fair amount of interest in tuning these things and a good availability of upgrades I'm thinking about playign aroudn with it a little. although I still favour economy over everything else because that's why I bought it. I'm thinking slightly lower, alloys, induction kit, uprated plugs and leads, decent exhaust (but not too big) etc.

Lol, that's the good side! The boot is the main issue - previous owner reversed into something, it all works fine but has a pretty big dent, the paint's gone funny and the seal wasn't done properly where the rear window was replaced. Hoping to pick up a new one from the scrappy though.

Back