Micra help required [urgent] Cooling system

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Hey guys,
well today my micra decided to spit the dummy and piss out coolant. luckily I had made home before it happened.
Problem is a metal pipe has rusted through and caused my problem. Its the pipe which runs from the water pump and heads around the back of the engine (under the inlet manifold) and finally connecting with the bottom radiator hose.
Nissan have quoted me $120 for this part but they have to source it from overseas which will take 2+ weeks.
This is my daily driver and I'm in desperate need to get this fixed ASAP. I sold my VW Golf this week and it gets collected tomorrow. Bottom line is I have no other car to get me round.

Can anyone help supply me with a good second hand part or possibly new?.
Thanks
Jon

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Hmmm cant help you with a spare but I cant seem to see on my car the pipe your talking about so do you have a photo of the part? You could try removing the pipe and after cleaning it up use one of the many metal putty's on the market to patch the hole so you can use it till you can source a replacement.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
As an alternative temporary measure you could cut off the offending piece and replace with a piece of rubber hose and a couple of clamps for the time being. Don't know how feasible this would be though.

---dens

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
jon

2 bolts and a few pipes, and it pulls out eh :)

Attachments

• 43430.jpg
    43430.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 33
Back