New K11 Owner.

Well, my beloved car dropped a valve, therefore not worth fixing, a friend gave me his k11 1.0 16v for free to use as a run around, and well, what can i say, I fell in love with it. I really want to do some work on it, but i'm pretty clueless with micras, so thats why I'm here, anyone fancy giving me some ideas. Only real issue is money, currently pretty skint, so nothing too expensive pleeeaasse :)

Heres a pic of her -

th_photo7.jpg

Welcome (Y)

Micras are the easiest cars to work on, you'll pick that up pretty soon :laugh:. But yeah, as R-Reg says - just get yourself a decent set of tools, a jack, and some axle stands. You don't really need much more than that to work on these. Just keep an eye out on the build threads to see how to do things, and see what you like and what you don't like. If you get stuck, just use the search bar at the top - there's always a topic for whatever problem you have with the car :grinning:

Guernsey - Channel islands, as you probably guessed from my reg being 51255. Got most tools i'm assuming i'll need, just finished up some more work/spraying on it, although i was hit last night, just my luck, so my left wing is fudged, weather its worth banging out i'm not sure, here are some piccies of her today -

Alloys sprayed yesterday -
th_photo8.jpg

Damage to left wing as of last night
th_photo9.jpg

Drivers side view
th_micra.jpg

Oooh, I like :grinning::p. And as for the wing - I picked a second hand wing up from my local scrapyard for £10, colour matched. May as well fork out for a new wing, they only take 10 minutes to fit :laugh:

Admittedly the sunstrip was on the car when I got it, and just haven't bothered taking it off. Yeah, thats probably my best way around it, the guy that hit it is a friend so I'm hoping he'll just give me some cash to fix it, as all the clips n the light and grill have snapped too, witch just makes things a pain in the ass. I was debating changng the grill to an open mouth, or trying atleast, is it a difficult job?

So new grill and headlight by the sounds of it, if the clips on the light have snapped? I don't think it's too hard to make an open mouth grill with the pre-facelifts, I think you might just have to be prepared to do a bit of filling, sanding and spraying afterwards to tidy it up a bit. Also if the sunstrip was black, it wouldn't look so bad (Y). Has it been lowered already?

Yeah, I cut the springs, i know ts a bad idea, when ive got some cash ill get some lowering springs. wont i need fibreglass aswel? if i'm wanting it to look smart that is.

Cutting springs has always been debated on here - I don't see a problem with it. I've had stock cut springs and cut lowering springs, never had any problems with it. Yeah, fibreglass is good, but filler will do the same job (Y). Plus it doesn't matter how smart it looks, you're only going to be sanding it down and spraying over it anyway :laugh:

Back