New K11Si Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bought one of these (it's actually my second, sold the previous a few months back)... it's a 1999 V Plate with 65K, in black.

It's unfortunately covered in surface scratches (being black!), so looking to get it mopped soon... if i can find somewhere local.

Anyway, i've already got one issue... which i actually realised before i took the car, but am hoping with a little advice i can get it sorted. :)

It's got the fobs built into the key, like these... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-2-Butt...ryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, but neither of them work. I know on the Primeras you can re-program them so was wondering if there is a similar process on the Micras?

I'm not new to Nissan BTW, i've got a Mystic P11GT, the K11Si and an N15GTI (which is for sale) sitting outside! And to date am on my sixth Primera and 2nd Micra.

Nissan FTW! :slm:

I think there may be a way of doing it. Something is telling me you need to do something with a button and the ignition in a certain order, or I may just be chatting crap. lol

Welcome anyway mate.

silly question but its not the battery is it ?

Well, i've not actually tried it yet... but then again it's ####ed as it is so no harm in trying. I'm fairly sure though with most Nissan fobs removing the battery means that it'll need re-programming afterwards.

I'll try it tomorrow, after a trip to Halfrauds for the batteries.

:glare:

they dont need reprogramming (or if they do its not anything technical) I took mine to a local auto parts place he whipped the battery out and swapped it over for me problem solved.

Just thought i'd update...

Got two new batteries, which didn't make any difference. Then got the programming procedure from a mate on NPOC, but that didn't work either.
So, think i'll be getting a replacement. :-(

hi andy, i think it was you i spoke to at the peterborough npoc meet? glad you've got another k11si, anyway,
switch ignition on-off six times within 5 seconds and leave igntion off - remove key.
indicators/hazards should flash (twice???)
now hold the un-lock button in and press the lock button three times (hazards flash once)
repeat for second fob (hazards flash once again)
insert key and turn ignition back on (hazards flash twice???)
job done.
note - this needs to be done with driver's door open.
hope this helps.

hi andy, i think it was you i spoke to at the peterborough npoc meet? glad you've got another k11si, anyway,
switch ignition on-off six times within 5 seconds and leave igntion off - remove key.
indicators/hazards should flash (twice???)
now hold the un-lock button in and press the lock button three times (hazards flash once)
repeat for second fob (hazards flash once again)
insert key and turn ignition back on (hazards flash twice???)
job done.
note - this needs to be done with driver's door open.
hope this helps.

Thanks for that matey... but i'm sorry to say it hasn't worked. I've tried changing the batteries, but i'm sure it's the fobs that are duff. I'll try to get one off the bay for a reasonable price.

Cheers again, Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back