New Headlights

nothing off the peg.
late SR's have a black rather than silver surround that looks much nicer. otherwise you are in to modifications which may or may not be MOT suitable.

My headlights just arrived they are face-lift tyc brand not new but seem to be equipped with led and levelling motor.
The main beam might benifit from Led but will see what they like first.
I was going to get the Sr sport ones.
As they do look smarter.
Will fit them later this week and take a photo.
They should pass for MOT main thing they are clear not hazed up.

Was some modified Sr ones on bay I think available from France I was unsure what they were supposed to do if I can find I will provide link here.
Must have sold was 2 pairs tho last week...

Edit just checked what's in these they have halogen and led sides the led look like they will want replacing soon.
Will try them tho as I don't have spares yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_214021_edit_1466736285885559.jpg
    IMG_20221003_214021_edit_1466736285885559.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
LED in a H4 is dubious legality in the UK and will normally be an MOT fail at any good station. How did you find them Mika?
I tried them in our van amd on the rf. I didn't like them, they didn't spread well and I found them worse on dark back roads than normal bulbs as well being almost impossible to get set right. I switched to a set of osram cool blue h4 lamps and they were perfect.

Everyone loves being blinded at night though right? ?

LED in a H4 is dubious legality in the UK and will normally be an MOT fail at any good station. How did you find them Mika?
I found them from eBay, link attached.
I tried them in our van amd on the rf. I didn't like them, they didn't spread well and I found them worse on dark back roads than normal bulbs as well being almost impossible to get set right. I switched to a set of osram cool blue h4 lamps and they were perfect.

Everyone loves being blinded at night though right? ?
Passed Finnish MOT, inspecting tehnician wanted to know were I found them, bulb passed light aiming test.
No blidiing to on coming traffic, or distordet light.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Back