Cloudy headlights - amazing fix!

My headlights were cloudy and opaque.

Today, visiting a friend he said "you can clean those headlights quite easily you know" and produced a bottle of Grease Lighting waterless solution.

I simply would not have believed the results if I hadn't seen it for myself. A few minutes rub removed a lot of the cloudiness and yellowing, and in the dark tonight the lights output seemed much clearer and defined.

I'm not claiming they look like new, but the stuff certainly makes a big difference - worth trying if you get the chance.

My headlights were cloudy and opaque.

Today, visiting a friend he said "you can clean those headlights quite easily you know" and produced a bottle of Grease Lighting waterless solution.

I simply would not have believed the results if I hadn't seen it for myself. A few minutes rub removed a lot of the cloudiness and yellowing, and in the dark tonight the lights output seemed much clearer and defined.

I'm not claiming they look like new, but the stuff certainly makes a big difference - worth trying if you get the chance.

Did u put UV clear coat on over top?

I sanded mine down, smoothed with T-Cut, and then gave them two coats of clear coat to make them shiny again. ☺️

If you do choose to spray them with clear coat, the UV blocking stuff stops then from yellowing again!

Mine don’t look brand new, but I agree the light output is much improved! And 80£ each for new headlight cases on eBay ain’t worth it! (But I was thinking of buying new ones, taking them to bits, spraying the reflectors in satin and adding in proper projectors, but would be very costly!).