New Engine Installed

K

koosie

Hi All

After having the drive chain snap last Saturday night I made the decision to get a new engine, that was installed on Saturday so I finally have my car back! Sounds so much better than my old one, the only thing is that its only running on three cylinders, the engine installer said its probably because the engine has been out of car for a while, so just run it for a bit and it should be ok, Ive filled up the petrol tank and put some Redex in, done about 100 miles and its still struggling to hit 70 on the motorway, how much longer should I run it to see if it fires before going back to the place I got the engine from?

Sorry for the long post!

I dont think running it will solve the problem tbh. id start looking at, plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, injectors.

My car was running on 3 cylinders once, and the injector plug on injector 2 was at fault.

Sounds so much better than my old one, the only thing is that its only running on three cylinders

lolol!!! The old one must have been terrible!. Check for spark if there is a spark check for fuel, if there is fuel check compression.

Back