New Direction

Hey guys,
Finally have aquired A cg13de engine with thanks to Matt Humphris, payment is still to go through but should be here within the next 2 weeks with any luck.
But only thing is it wont have cams SO I'm open to suggestions on what direction to take with the cams for it while I clean it off and fit it to my 1.0L facelift. All I know is I don't want to go standard ;)

Well would I not need the standard 222* cams to get them reprofiled by kent and I was under the impression that motorsportworld only offered a regrind service by piper cams??

the main problem with the kents or pipers is the cost of the shims (tho you can grind 70 thou off of some stock shims and fit them under the buckets like me and scott did)
autosprint can grind a 260 deg profile onto your 196 deg 1.0 cams, so that you can fit a stock 2nd shim under the bucket, but you wont have the usual 10mm lift tho (it will give you 8mm lift instead, the same as the 1.3 cams)

Are autosprint only £80 for a regrind? i think thats what i read in your thread anyway frank, would there be much in terms of losses with the smaller lift? and what kind of gains can i expect with proper breathing mods of course? Any info on the tomei poncams? theyre like 256 dur and stock lift iirc

Are autosprint only £80 for a regrind? i think thats what i read in your thread anyway frank, would there be much in terms of losses with the smaller lift? and what kind of gains can i expect with proper breathing mods of course? Any info on the tomei poncams? theyre like 256 dur and stock lift iirc

the reduced lift would,nt hurt on the exhaust cam eire (the valves are so puny that once they get to about 8mm open, they wont flow any more)
but i think the inlets benefit from the 10mm of lift tho

ah i see, cheers mate, thats the setup your running on your intake at the moment? since its the same lift as stock there will be no hassle will piston to valve contact? hoping to get the 1.0L pistons matts sending fitted and give the head a little skim to up the compression a bit, make it a pokey road car :)

my blue car has the cga block, 2mm skimmed head and 2 a/s cams eire, and its the duration that brings the valves and pistons close together eh (ie, the piston is miles away at full lift)

your right :( guess i need to read up more before i go at this engine properly, figured what better way to learn than by building my own :p

the main problem with the kents or pipers is the cost of the shims (tho you can grind 70 thou off of some stock shims and fit them under the buckets like me and scott did)
autosprint can grind a 260 deg profile onto your 196 deg 1.0 cams, so that you can fit a stock 2nd shim under the bucket, but you wont have the usual 10mm lift tho (it will give you 8mm lift instead, the same as the 1.3 cams)

Would it be worth getting 1.3 cams and just getting the inlet cam reprofiled. or will he/me see more gains having both cams reprofiled? Trying to look at it for best BHPper£ :grinning:

Would it be worth getting 1.3 cams and just getting the inlet cam reprofiled. or will he/me see more gains having both cams reprofiled? Trying to look at it for best BHPper£ :grinning:

personally, i think the inlet cam gives more gains (but that has yet to be proved)
and you may need to go for a milder profile if its a 1.0 eh

Back